Archive through March 21, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsell

displayname
Brian Sell
Hello,
Can someone post a picture of the little tow lever decal for a wide frame (109, 129, 149, 169) models. This is the little white w/black lettering decal handy to the tow lever. Also if possible, I need a picture of a wide frame spring assist. Thanks.

187054.jpg

Donald - I want the one's you're taking that makes you "paint" , they must be better than my 100mg Tramadols.

Kentuck:
thumbsup_old.gif
]
I was getting ready to go take a pic, resize it, and do what you just did.
kiss.gif

Frank - As bad as it hurt I wish you had got there first
old.gif

Donald wont give me any of his paint pills ...
help.gif

I don`t think my meds are working cause I got stuck plowing today and the 500 atv made a mess getting my 2 tractors out.
bash.gif
bash.gif
. I had my Diesel stuck so I let my wife drive my 149 and well at 3/4 throttle she stuck that go lever full ahead.
bash.gif
I said now thats smart we have two tractors stuck,Her reply was NO You have two tractors stuck.Had to get the atv 500 suzuki and with the 2500lb wench we got them all out.I was opening a drain and looking back at the soil run off the blade and well did not see the big granit rock, till I hit it and stalled the tractor.There I was housing deep.Tomarrow I will spend 3 hrs cleaning up my mess.
clappy.gif
clappy.gif
.as ordered by the boss
worthy.gif
tete lol sh . I will get some seat time in tommorow ,I`ll have to milk it some. I did have my 11/62 O running and the 100 charger on the 147. Have a great day I did.
old.gif

My Boss washed my truck and did the inside windows today ... Ya just gotta
rtfm.gif
and train them well !

Don't forget FAQ. and Cubfaq.com Never have so many tried so hard ...
help.gif

Well today I broke out the 1A roto tiller. I found that I need to replace the bearings on the shafts of the angle gearbox. It would not turn when the PTO clutch was engaged. It does not appear to be to bad of a project. I also found out that the starter generator for my original needs a few parts that most of which are not available anymore from CC
help.gif
. A friend of mine has it as he has rebuilt loads of them. My question is this: Is there anywhere that I can find the delco remy part numbers that would correspond to the IH part numbers in the book? If I could find a cross reference I could order the parts needed from a local vendor.

Hi Guys,

My 123 hood does not have a cross brace underneath and there is no evidence of one ever being there. Is there supposed to be? Today I bought another 123 hood that has a cross brace. I'm a bit confused, though, because my 100 hood with a cross brace won't fit on my 123 because the two tractors have different gas tanks. Can someone clear this up?

Thomas C. Bradshaw

Ah parts ! I use the part wait time to do maintenance on my tractors. Charlie can now ship here in 7 days.I use that time wisely,and its best to have more than (one) tractor. When I got stuck today all I could thing of was lifting the D out with my loader. I think he could ship to you in just a few days.

Frank c
Ok but I warn you its a mess.
clappy.gif

ruts and the atv with mud lights on made the most.
banned1.gif

Just had to put the plow on and well its to wet yet for sure!

OK after taking off pto, found all set screws for generator pull out and gone, drained oil, it is gritty but very fine. What do i need to do from here on very limited funds.

Did a little wood-haulin' with the 100 today....about 6hrs worth.

187061.jpg

187062.jpg

I never cease to be amazed at the work these little tractors can do.

I have the pto off, the bearing is stuck on the crankshaft, i took out the set screw and it still will not come off.

Eric, Taking it apart probly told you alot. What was loose that caused the wobble? The things to look for are the bearing, turn it with your fingers it should feel smooth without any play. The keyways in the crank and big pulley should hold a key tight. The hole in the big pulley(sometimes called the basket) should be round and fit firmly on the crank. The small pulley (hub) holds the clutch disc (fingers that fit in the basket) and springs. Make sure you didn't put any burrs on the pulley if you used a punch to tap it off, that could tear up a belt. Look at the front face of the hub and make sure the center button isn't tore up and all three fingers are there and at least visually close to being tightened evenly. I have been on limited funds for a while, (geting better finally) I don't know what you know. If you inspect the parts you have and let us know what you find, someone on here can help with options.

Eric theres a locking collar on the back side of the bearing. You have to take a punch and tap that clockwise faceing the engine about 90 degrees. That will unlock the collar from the bearing. Once thats loose the bearing can be pulled off usually without damaging it.

Latest posts

Back