• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny,

Nice job on the decarbonizing. But to get a handle on the bore condition, you really need to measure it at 3 different locations in the ring travel area relative to the deck height with your telescope gauge. First measure with the gauge lined up with the crankshaft axis. Then rotate the gauge 90 degrees (perpendicular to the crank axis)and measure at the same approximate locations again. This indicates how out-of-round the bore may be. If possible, use a micrometer to measure the telescope gauge instead of calipers...more accurate. You need accuracy down to .0005 if possible.

I'd say that if it's using oil and continually blowing blue smoke, the bore's in need of reconditioning, that is boring to the next oversize.

About 4:30 I asked a qustion about wiring on a 147 Cub Cadet, I do not see it , Did I break some rule or somthing? I really need a wiring Dig. for my 147, all the wires burned up and I want to make sure they go back in the right place.
Thanks for any help

Charlie.
I got the same reading at the top of the ring travel as I did half way down the cylinder, and it did not change when I measured across the crank.
David
I picked up a new set of calipers today, they will read to 0.001, not as accurate as 0.0005 I know, but I hope to get a more accurate reading them with them than the other one that only read to 0.01

Charlie asked me a question abought a snowblower to day if they made a 36qa two stage didnt now for sure so i thought i ask you charlie P.

Brian B.
Yepper you did kinda. ;-P
Go here to get your wiring diagram.
http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
And tons of otherr info.
biggrin.gif

Hey, uhhh when tearing down a knoble Kohler, wheres the best place to start, pullin the head, or starting at the crankcase and workin yer way up?

Thank you very much, I was just having problems finging a link to the FAQ from the fourm pages, and that is way I asked for the link, I did not think to go back to the home page, sorry for asking a FAQ

Brian - Look up! The FAQ link is right here too! ;)

Glen - I start with the sheet metal then go for the oil pan to get that mess over with so it doesn't leak out later. Then the carb , head , flywheel ... just depends on how far you're going with it.

Latest posts

Back