• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too pretty. I think I'll have to jump forums now I'm starting to get depressed. LOL

Great Job!
thumbsup.gif

I am putting my 'basket case" 129 back together. I need to know where the voltage regulator mounts. Also, my VG has 4 terminals. The 3 side by side are F, BAT & L. The one terminal opposite them is GEN. I don't know what the L terminal is for. Do I wire the VG as the wiring diagragh says for the 129 & ground one of the mounting bolts?
please reply to [email protected]
I'm trying to get her cranked over tonight.

CD:

The V/R mounts under the seat, in the Battery Box area, on the side wall.

The correct V/R for your model would have had three (3) terminals on it. If you are going to use a four (4) terminal V/R, then disregard and insulate the "L" terminal.

Kraig,
As I recall Clifford was quite the ladies man, just ask his mother. Is that one of your attributes as well?

Brian L.,

Aren't you concerned that by having a gear drive and a hydrastatic drive Cub in the same yard could cause problems? - They might fight!
wink.gif

I've got three hydro's on my yard now...
I don't want to take that chance!

Just Kidding ya,,, NICE 125!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ken M.,
Boy your 102 is looking GREAT!

How many steps do you have to take to get such a superb paint job like that?

VERY NICE!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

KENtuckyKEN
happy.gif
That's something along the line I was thinking to get the throw right,I'll have to do somemore thinkin I don't rush any more doing stuff like when I was younger try to work everything out and have everything sittin there ready to go. Thanks jim

Ken M. - The 102 is looking fantastic!

Brian L. - Is that a boat cushion for a seat? It might prove helpful when mowing near a pond, say.

Ryan W. - Let's see pics of the 127. It sounds like a great find.

RyanW.theres alot of stripping and priming,if everything is bare metel then primed the paint part is lots easyer to do.Check this out,I tore into the engine and was surprised,this little 10 was one of the best running ones I had,no noise and only smoked on start up,the rings were broke and the rest were seized up.
53537.jpg

Well, I received my little 2oz bottle of CERMAX. I was hoping for a little more detail on the amount to add with motor oil. Something like .5oz per quart of oil or whatever. Does anyone have suggestions for a K301?

Tom B.
They do have a 800 number to answer any and all questions.
biggrin.gif

But, I can tellya I put half the bottle in the engine and half in the hydro with super results on both ends.
thumbsup_old.gif

I would also suggest changing the plug to an Autolite 216 if you have not done so lately.

I also found that the block had been sleeved and probably throwed a rod at some point,just goes to show you how tough these kohlers are,it ran like a top and didnt use any oil,maybe I was just lucky. Kenny M.
53540.jpg

Charlie,
Thanks for the suggestions, that is exactly what I was lookin for.

I decided it was time to replace the head gasket on the 127, heres what I found when I pulled the head.
53561.jpg

53562.jpg

53563.jpg

53564.jpg

I cleaned up the piston and head and took a measurment of the bore
53565.jpg

53566.jpg

Heres what the bore measures out to,
53567.jpg

53568.jpg

QUESTION?
With the measurment I got, will I need to bore it to 0.10 over or will replaceing the rings help?

Lonny,
Standard bore is 3.378.
Looks like a hone and rings to me if it smoked, but I'm no expert.
Did ya check the out of round?

hey fellas ,i would like to thank everyone who made it possible for my 73 to move from Chris Westfalls place to mine up here in southern Ontario.again thnx alot to everyone involved .

Latest posts

Back