• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thill

displayname
Tom Hill
Isn't that just a blade subframe for a Wide frame Quick Attach?

Tom H.
It's bent kinda goofy.
It's supposed to look like this.
53511.jpg

Charlie, looks like a modified narrow frame QA blade subframe. Would that be offset so it's easier to mount???
dunno.gif

And what about that solid rod between the uprights? Is that what identifies it as a narrow frame?

I'm a wide frame guy although I am thinking of a 147. Mainly because of a snow thrower that comes with it. Would it be adaptable to a 128 or 169?

Tom H., on the wide frame blade subframe the uprights fit inside of the QA hooks on the tractor and the pins face outward. On a narrow frame blade subframe the uprights go on the outside of the QA hooks on the tractor and the pins face inward. A rod can be used on the bolt on narrow frame tractors to attach to the tractor but the rod is inserted higher up on the uprights. On the subframe that Charlie posted, it appears that the pins have been replaced with a rod that goes all the way across. If you look close you can see the holes where bolts or a rod can be inserted for a 70/100 or a 71, 1x2/3 non-QA tractor. BTW, the subframe that Charlie posted below is a wide frame blade subframe.

Sometimes I feel a little like Cliff Claven from Cheers, he was a master of useless trivia and/or made up trivia. I may have to start posts with "Errr, it's a little known fact that....."
joker.gif

Got my second Cub on Saturday. A 125. Good stable-mate for my 124 I think!
53514.jpg

I might have to put that seat on Ebay.LOL

Brian L

Brian L., nice 125! The 125 is my favorite model Cub Cadet!
beerchug.gif

53516.jpg

Thanks Kraig,
It's in pretty good shape (cosmetics not withstanding). Going to use it for mowing this summer. That way, I can take my time on the 124 resto project.
Brian L.

Art - You mean Kraig didn't read the dog food recall? Man that's ruff!!

James - That's what I had intended on my cable version doing ... but getting it to move the cable (I'm guessing here cause I forget but...) the 4.5" of travel needed was where I got stumped on making the cable cam. I think I've got some old drawings here on the puter of what I was trying to do.

Charlie - That's my dad on the 127, his one and only time on a cub. After he went back to Texas he would tell me if he seen a cub sitting around or if there was one in the paper for sale... after only one ride !

Kraig - If you'll buy the suds we'll sit around and let ya rattle on all ya want to ;)

<font size="-2">gotta go weld a cannon barrel...</font>

KENtucky, dog food, "ruff", funny! Naw, I came down with a nasty cold last week, I should have stayed home today and rested. BTW, I can't afford to buy my own drinks...... and it's cheaper to just rattle on around here.
happy.gif

Hey guys I have been busy on my 102 restore and havnt posted in awhile,dont think anyone has really missed me,lol, but heres a couple pics of the slow progress,much more to go. Kenny M.
53519.jpg

I am trying to not mess up the forum so I will post these one at a time,but even thats agrevaiting to some a little,and dont blame them,"stop me when youve had enough,lol. Kenny M.
53522.jpg

I will give you a break this is the last one,will give more later.Kenny.
53534.jpg

Back