• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 18, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ya know!
I was just going through some pics from back in 2003 and thought to myself, why is Art going the opposite way of everyone else???? LOL
284617.jpg

Charlie, perhaps Art was driving in reverse?
1a_scratchhead.gif
I think I took those photos and I don't recall why he was driving the wrong direction.
dunno.gif
old.gif
Probably to top off the gas tank.

Don T., the breather had frozen up, thus pressurizing the crankcase. The dip stick fits quit snug.

Nice plowing video!

I've been thinking about adding another moldboard and having them tractor specific. Seems like every time I move mine from one tractor to another, all new adjustments are necessary.

Charlie - can't explain why Art was going against traffic, but did you ever hear of the man's wife giving her husband a ring - telling him to be carefull on the interstate as the news was reporting that someone was driving the opposite direction, against the flow of traffic. Her husband replied, "One! He'll there are a hundred.....
err.gif

Kraig - did you check the oil level on that dipstick...
whistling.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, That photo brings back good good memories. I have that posted on my cube wall at work. It sure makes people think when they see that many "lawn mowers" in a bean field. Would love to see another big plowday like that one again.

Charlie: What's even scarier is what if Art's the only one going in the right direction?
beerchug.gif
happy.gif

Now I see -- he's grading out the rough spots that those darned land plows made. Good time to mention belly mount blades?
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Joel,

You have to remember that Deere are herding animals, similar to other vulnerable grassland creatures. They have to stick together. Cause once you get one separated and surrounded by superior cubs, (i mean carnivores) they give up entirely and die.

Charlie,
I'm glad to see tha you said that Art was <u>playing by himself</u> and not something else.

What if I could say that I know of a 90 acre wheat field that needs plowed after wheat season? Northern IL?
Shift.gif

Tom,
We drilled down today to check for building post and stopped at 9 ft., so we figured we just as well till July to start the cold storage Cub shed, LOL

Jeeze, a guy finally gets to check out the forum after working late to find that all HECK had broken loose. What the %*$#??

Has everybody forgotten the real story here?

284632.jpg

The plowing was going fine, but I'd had enough with all of those slow "supers" in front of me in the furrow, so I stopped one guy and told him Charlie was handing out dollar bills on the other end of the field. Next thing I know everybody took off.
happy.gif

Joel I had a 8HP engine in a 100 and mounted a tiller on it. The little engine just would not handle the tiller if you were plowing more than 2 inches deep. I do think different soils plow different. I have 2 gardens almost side by side and one is much looser than the other. For me a 301 is a must for a 42 inch tiller.

Joel & Luther,
I use a 7hp. on my 42" tiller with no problem at all.
buttrock.gif
It's mounted on a Cub Cadet 70.
I don't have pics on this puter, but I do at home. Maybe if I think about it I'll post a couple of pics when I get home.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art - what are you talking about. I can't hardly believe everyone forgot. I can tell easily from the pic that:
1 - your Original was facing opposite of all the others.
2 - YOU were looking the direction of everyone else.
3 - This means you were going the RIGHT direction.
4 - YOU were just using your Reverse Gear to get there
feint.gif

Latest posts

Back