• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys

I will look through my box of bolts and screws to see if I still have the original screws . If not then they will get SS . I have another tractor apart and will start on it as soon as I can get the 125 sub frame for my back shed . must be two ' of snow back the path ; so it won`t get done till the snow is gone . It is above freezing here and we will get some 5 above days later in the week.

Those are neat videos. I've enjoyed watching them before; I like 73s they look sweet.

Good news, as I was walking back from getting my mail this evening I thought, seeing as the snow has melted back quite a bit, I should look for the dip stick from my Killer Kohler that went missing back in January. I spotted a bit of yellow peeking through the snow near my fire wood piles and sure enough there it was! It's intact which means it did NOT go through the snowthrower as I had feared. Also where it was located tells me that it ejected towards the end of my snow removal event.
buttrock.gif
However, I still believe that the majority of the oil had been spit out before the dip stick fully ejected. There is no indication on the dip stick that it made any contact with the crank or cam so the origin of the metal bits that were on the magnetic drain plug are still a mystery.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Art, I guess I won't be needing that replacement dip stick now.
happy.gif

284614.jpg

thumbsup_old.gif
That's just great! Reinforces my previous statement that the yellow will soon be showing up!
happy.gif

steve tks for posting that link,

kraig I do not expect an answer to everypost, just was hard for me to imagine out of all the experience around here nobody had tried that,I guess maybe I should have miss spelled a word in my post or called a tiller a hiller or something, then somebody would have noticed.

frank, I have tapped about 3000 trees so far,not sure how easy its gonna be getting them out after snow melts, gonna net a step ladder,lol good news is there's lots of windfalls for my cubs to pull on come spring

Joel: 3000 trees.
jawdrop.gif
All that comes to mind is "Holy ol' macrel der', Andy"
happy.gif

Do we get pics of the CCs helping? Maybe one that looks like this?
happy.gif
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Kraig

You might what to replace the o ring on that dip stick. A new o ring will make it fit snug . I think your breather must be dirty and the base pressure made your dip stick go missing. Great that you found it and no damage . lucky boy I would say .

frank pics could be a possibility, just need about 7ft of snow to melt. and yes the front end will probably look like that, with a little extra rust. I help a good friend with his sugar woods, he taps around 12000 trees every spring,

Latest posts

Back