• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By Matt Stetar (Mstetar) on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 05:59 pm:

can anyone give me the dimensions for the 70/100 headlight panel?

Also is there a spray can color that matches the white on the 100?
thanks matt
I really do have a problem don't I???

Matt - short memory?

haha apparently but that had no use to me when that was posted but will work just fine for my new 2 me 71. but am still looking for the 100 measurements tho.

Is it ok to use Briggs & Stratton 30w Motor Oil. I know I am supposed to use Low Ash, but cant find any that say low ash locally. I could order some but I need it now.

Charlie - You can keep ordering this nice balmy 50+* weather we have been enjoying. It is starting to get me in the mood to work on a plow tractor or two for Plow Day in a few weeks.

Ron,

Sorry for the confusion. It's a 48 inch deck I have on my 147. You're correct the 44 inch was for the wide frames and uses the wideframe style hanger.

Adam, yes you can use it. It won't hurt anything. I don't use the cub cadet low ash that much because of the ridiculous price.

Brendan, All of the older drive cups are the same EXCEPT THE originals. And you can use a later drive cup on the CCO . It just doesn't look right. Most cubs just have no use for the pulley groove. Save any you wind up with.

48 hrs to Spring here. so off with the chains on the 149. I just have a few pieces to prime , but paint day is coming fast.I`am trying to quit smoking and i`am down to 12 a day from 40 so we`ll see how this goes.I`am thinking of cleaning up my plow and give it a shot and see how the 149 will do with it lol.baumy 48 deg here sweater required yet. Have a great Cub Day. later Don T
old.gif

I want to make one of those Brinly grill guards that fold down to make a firewood or tool hauler. If anyone has the specs or at least pictures that show the basic design in detail, please get in touch with me. I will be more than happy to purchase the specs if available.

Arvin John Foes (Afoes) wow some leaves you got there. soon it will be that temp here i hope.Well i had to take 3 of my cubs for a drive down the lane and park them for this shot, as soon as the loader gets new paint i`ll get the O and 107 and 100 out of the storage shed and line all 8 up for a shot . Later Don T
123249.jpg

Daniel J., here's some photos of the one that Art A. has.

123251.jpg

123252.jpg

123253.jpg

123254.jpg

Ive been looking for days about an article where someone fabricated a rear lift lever for a wideframe to replace the cast lift lever on the 3 pt. Ive found 3pt cat 0 lifts but no cub style. I saw it once but lost it.
Id like to mount a #1 tiller on the back of my 149 I have the gearbox and lower mount but, am swallowing hard about coughing up 100.00 for a cast lift lever. I think one can be made out of either chrome moly or 5/8 or 3/4 stock rolled stock. I dont have one to look at and get dimensions. Any help would be great. I'm probably not using the right search phrases for the archive.

Anyone ever pull their hair out trying to adjust the minimum and max idle speeds on an original? I'm going by the book and when you think you have it adjusted right and tighten the 3/4" hex jam nut up...it is either too loose and the gov arm moves or too tight and it takes a week to go from low to high idle. Any suggestions??????? Thanks, Nick

Jerry...The 7hp in my 73 is real tired and I have a good 12hp that I'm gonna put in it till I can afford to overhaul the 7. Problem is the drive cup for the 12 was broken when I got it. Was hoping I could drill the hole out to use it on the 12. Looked through the parts manuals and I seen the part#'s are different, was wondering if it's more than the hole size where it bolts to the crank. May have to hunt for the right one.

Kraig, do you have any close up pics of the gov. on your O? Nick

This is where I am having problems...
126804.jpg

Should I still have a drive pin, if so, should the gov arm be above or below? Mine was above the drive pin and as soon as you put a load on the tractor, it dies right down. The next paragraph in the manual says to remove the drive pin if you use a throttle cable. It's had one for the last forty years, but I never ran this engine before, so I don't know how the gov acted. Any suggestions, Nick

Nick, I have not got my Original running yet. Still need to finish hooking up the wiring also the governor doesn't seem right on it. Here's a photo of Dan Hoefler's 70 governor.

126808.jpg

Brendan--I have lost track of what size motor the drive cup came from. Know it was not a 7-hp but it is there now. If I remember there is a sizing washer that snugs up the hapole for the small motor. Someone may know more than me on that part. The ones FOR a cco were a bit different. I think W.turk has a double pulley that allowed hyd lift with the cco belt drive. That's the real oddball!

Nick-
I had the same problem on the 7hp in my 71. I had to remove the gov. assembly, then remove the brass gov-shaft nut and gently file the back face of it so the "disk" would rotate freely.

Disconnect that "disk" and see if it's free, or if it wants to bind up. That's probably your engine's issue...

Latest posts

Back