• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 17, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
RANDY - Guage wheels were an "Option" on mower decks. Not as big a deal on a small deck as they are on a wide deck. The skids or runners are both there and appear in good shape.
Lot of the small HP tractors, 7 & 8 HP gear drives with small decks competed against the cheap hardware store disposable mowers back in those days. The lawn tractors didn't exist yet.

TRISTAN - When I bought My Firestone 23 deg. tires for PD #1 the BIG Firestone warehouse in Chicago only had THREE tires in stock and I got two of them. I bought Mine from a local all-brand discount tire shop, seems like they were about $65/$70 each back then. I mounted them myself. Firestone only runs the mold for the 23-8.50's when they run out of stock it seems. Hopefully they run another couple hundred. I'd like to put them on My 70 when I fix it up.
Mounting and dismounting tires isn't hard, just takes kinda special tools. Local tire shops normally charge about $8-$10/tire to mount new tires. I'd install inner tubes in ANY new garden tractor tire, but I've never heard of anyone balancing them.

JOHN - Dad made a tire changer similar to that years ago. Once He had a design He liked He made Me one. Works great for getting the bead of the tire down off the rim but I still use tire spoons to get the tires off the rim. I'm out of practice fixing tires now, but one summer back when I was in HS it seemed like every hay rack & wagon We hooked to had a flat tire all summer. And every running gear had a different bolt pattern so I couldn't swap tires/wheels. I could remove a tube, patch it and air it up and be on My way in 5 minutes if I was lucky and 10 minutes if it "Fought" Me. Some of those tires hadn't been off those wheels in decades!

Well, I hope all of you are right. Got the hitch and dirt plow on the CCO. It's the only one I have with a rear lift that runs. Got the kids garden plot with round-up yesterday. Figure to give it a while to dry out yet.
Keith, Are you ready yet????

Randy,

Relative to your Hydro Dump Lever issue. I had a similar issue with a 127 I recently aquired. I found that the actual sheet steel dump lever had sheared off of the operating shaft. The lever is accessable by removing the fender assembly and reaching in to the transmission tunnel. Some of the parts dealers on this site carry the dump lever and retaing pin (See Part #8 i attachement. The hardest part of the job is removing the slotted head screws in the foot rest area of the fenders. I had to air chisel (2) of them off and weld in new threaded inserts for them.
123223.jpg

Jerry,

I'm working on getting the plow ready. I'm almost there. The crank was rusted up solid and no matter what I did... it wasn't coming out without a fight. Ended up breaking off the thread down in the adjuster tube. I drilled it out and cleaned up the thread with a tap. I had some steel rod laying around from replacing the 100 driveshaft and bought a die to cut the threads on it. I'm almost done, only got 2-1/2" of thread to go. Then weld on the spacer and put it back together. I wire wheeled the mold board today at lunch and wiped it clean with mineral spirits.

You know it's supposed to rain all weekend, right? And all next week...

It's getting to be that time of the year again when the garden is going to need to be worked up. I'm wanting to get a garden tractor with a rear tiller but i'm stuck on which one to get. Which tractor would be best for such a task? also belt driven vs. pto driven tiller?
I'd like the tractor to have a hydrolic 3-point instead of a manual lift. thanks!!!

Can anyone tell me whether my 126 , with hydraulics will accept a mower and the necessary pto that goes with it? In looking at the mower setup on a 100, it looks as though the pto engagement lever cannot be in the same spot as on the 100 because it will hit the hydraulic pump. Bo

Randy R, Bruce C and Dennis F,

I thought there were clearance issues between the front tires and front of the deck when trying to put the later style 44" deck on a narrow frame Cubby like the 147? Are confusing the 44" deck with a 48" deck? Or maybe I'm confused? The 48" deck would fit fine on a 147. A 44" deck would also need the humpback style hanger frame.

Can someone show me how to get the drive cup and screen off of a K241 from a gear drive? Do I have to remove the large nut in the center and if so how do I do that without the flywheel turning?

Mike R, yes the drive hub/screen requires the center nut/bolt to be removed. I used a 3/8 impact gun to remove it. If you don't have access to air tools, I'am sure your local auto repair shop would do it dirt cheap.

Mike, A strap wrench works great to hold the flywheel. Just a strip of soft rubber will do in a pinch. If you use a 1/2 drive ratchet you can strike the handle with a small hammer to loosen the nut. The strap is nice to torque the nut back in place.

Jerry B., I never thought of that! I wonder if a handheld impact driver would do the trick? Probably would still need to hold the flywheel though.

I need some help, Does anyone know what i will need to straight pipe my 106?

i bolted a piece of plate steel to the bolts that bolt to the clutch plate and held it like a handel, i belive there was a pic of that no to long ago... month or two maybe...

anyone got those headlight pannel measurements i asked about yesterday? i know someone posted about em a few months back but cant seem to find em...
dunno.gif

Finally got my brakes freed on my 72. Now I've got to get that stubborn tire spindle broke free on the front axle. Then I'll be ready for sandblasting. First Cub I've ever restored and enjoying every bit of it!!

Since we're talkin drive cups...is there any difference between a 7hp one and 10hp, besides hole size ?

Latest posts

Back