Archive through March 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The high back seat and the red button on the PTO handle.

Harry, it looks like you may also have the 1 inch longer steering tube that was introduced Feb 28, 1975 at serial number 530858, I believe this was the same time they switched steering wheels

169 seat ready. Someday we'll be riding in style:
255615.jpg

Thanks, Harry, for the decal (dekal, eh, Don?). Still haven't figured out RMR.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

P.S. I won't tell anyone that your seat pan is black instead of white.
asthanos.gif

Kraig - you are correct about the seat and PTO button, the seat being the easiest to see and the PTO button hardest in these pics (but I think it's the only thing on the tractor painted red indicating danger).
Don - well.... the nylock nuts on the gas tanks straps are correct and original.
Jeff - I wasn't aware of a 1" longer steering tube. I'll have to check. How far does it extend above the dash?
There is one in really plain site in the pic with the hood open (and I guess a couple others as well).

Frank - very nice looking seat, and glad to see you have the springs installed the correct direction, and also have the large flat thick washers installed on the underside of the mount base. I don't know how many times I've seen the springs in the reverse direction and those thick washers on the top of the holes in the spring to base mount. Neither makes sense. (As for RMR, keep trying, it helps the mail get there faster).

Jeff, Harry: My 169 has manual hydro release valves. I guess I switched the tunnel cover off my 169 with one off of a 1650 and did not notice. I also removed the 169 tunnel cover to be sure. Sorry for confusing everyone.

Foot rest treads. Paint also looks way off.. both yellow and white, could be the crappy pics though. The black engine is the worst mistake.

Bill James

I like flat black for the foot rest. looks like Harry used gloss black, His choice ; and any Cub replacement engine was black and when I refurbish a stock engine . black is the color I use also.

DON - I have to agree, every engine I've EVER rebuilt and put in a CC has been black. These old Kohler's run better when painted black... nice shiny full gloss powder-coat Black. I'm even going to powder-coat the foot rests on the 70 gloss black. Powder coat resists gas & oil vapors, doesn't scratch and is really REALLY hard to scuff.

It may not be conforming to a 100-point restoration... so SUE ME! If you want to see a "Perfectly Restored CC", go to a museum, My tractors work for a living!

Latest posts

Back