Archive through March 15, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan,

I couldn't find your email, so I posted the info on here...sorry it took so long!!!

I got some new banners in the other day too.
222662.jpg

Charlie,
Kinka' a OT subject buy I hear you. Every time I go to the store to buy something they're alway trying to sell you the extended warrantee on stupid stuff like ..............bubble gum. I allways tell them " No, I'm assuming you are selling me quality products not s--t, otherwise I can leave it hear at the counter and go to your competitor." That usually humbles/shuts them up.

There is a guy sitting right next to the darn thing....
Somehow #8 is a confused part....

I have a 44 inch deck on my 1811 and used it for the first time here in the Atlanta area. It threw more grass out under the front edge than out the discharge chute. Any suggestions? Also, how do I determine which sleeve hitch will fit my tractor?
Thanks

Thanks, Lewis. I think it was a trick question (two little eyes looking "into" to crowd). I thought it meant looking from in front of them, not behind. Man, I hate it when I read into the test questions!
lol.gif

Rudy,
I'm pretty sure your 1811 is off-topic on this section of the forum,, but since the mower issue covers all cubs, I'd bet the baffles under the deck are rotted away... Do a search for "baffle" in the vault for pics... HTH

RUDY - The 44" decks should actually do a good job mowing if everything is in decent shape. Like Scott says, check the condition of the baffles, make sure there's no built up grass under the deck and the blades are sharp and mounted the correct way.

A thin accumulation of grass over the whole underside of the deck is O-K, but clumps in corners 2-3 inches thick effect air and clipping movement. There will only be baffles around the inner back side of the outer blades and the back third of the center blade because the deck housing stamping makes up the rest of the baffle around the outer blades. Blades don't have to be razor sharp but do need and edge about 3 inches long. All the cutting is done with the outer most half inch of the cutting edge, make sure those blade tips are not rounded back, the front side of the blade should come to a square corner with the end of the blade. Look of pic's of new blades on CC Specialty's web site for comparison.

Latest posts

Back