Archive through March 15, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny, I've had that happen, one time it actually adjusted the high speed jet!
bash.gif

Guys were I worked we made fiberglass pipe and there was at least two O rings in a grove to make the seal. We bought O ring in a box and would cut and glue the O ring to the size pipe we were working on at the time . I think the glue was make by locktite (brand). We cut to length and sanded both edges some and then a little drop of the glue and put it together. The joint was strong .This method was used on pipe from 16" to 54" pipe. This was the best way to buy Oring and make up what we needed. My .02

Hmmm.. Looks like the original suggestion from way back in Dec. that my drive shaft roll pins broke might
be the answer to my gear loss after all. But when I twisted it, it seems to engage the tranny, so I didnt think it was that. But I just noticed the rear driveshaft collar slides back and forth on the stubby shaft it connects to at the tranny. I dont quite understand why it engages when rotated, but I can see the edge of the pin hole in the shaft so I know its broken.

So now the question is, which is easier, sliding the engine forward or the rear end backward to get that shaft off far enough that I can remove the pin? I cant get the holes lined back up to knock the pin out, so I think I have to pull the shafts apart to get at them.

Dennis, old tractor air breather tops catch branches, too. We knocked the one off our Case SC discing along the woods at night when I was a kid...Took at least 2 years to find it. Jerry

Don Tanner, you are correct in that Loc-Tite brand does make a O-Ring kit and also A.W.Chesterton makes a fine kit to do the same job. I've used them both.

When Super Glue was first around, I saw my brother-in-law do "temporary" repairs on NCR check sorters with busted belts, by cutting O-rings to length, trimming the ends with a razor blade and Super Gluing 'em together, these "temporary" fixes lasted for days, while he was getting the right belts in. In a seal type use, I'd just want to make sure the join was perfect and the glue was compatible with any fluids involved...

Ditto on the "natural" throttle control - mine when mowing around pine trees or out in the woods hauling logs...

It was a gorgeous pre-spring day here in Central MD today. Clear skies and temps near 60 this afternoon. I decided to finish picking up the prunings and rotten training stakes with the 102 towing a small Agri-Fab trailer. Its not recommended to dispose of the prunings near the vineyard, because of the fact they can spread disease to the new growth, so I hauled them to the far corner of the property.

I'm also starting to think about taking the snow blower off the 129 and get it ready for mowing, but I wonder if winter doesn't have a parting shot in store, but I'm hoping not.

Frank C.
Thanks for your parts assistance getting me through the winter down here.

I am going to pick the cub 128 up tomorrow. I was wondering what type of deck it has if anyone can help me by just looking at the picture it would help. I have no numbers yet.

186871.jpg

i know how to adjust the brake on my 102, can anyone help me on my model 123, its not in the same place on it, do i have to remove the mower deck?

Eric-

I'm pretty sure that's a 38" or a 42" deck, probably a 42" from my experiences. Both decks have the large center blade and two small outer blades. Does this answer your question?

I see from your profile you're over in Idian Trail. I live west of Chapel Hill.

Good luck with your 128; you'll like it I'm sure.

Wayne

Latest posts

Back