• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elincoln

displayname
Edward H Lincoln
I got the 123 running and driving today. I pulled the engine and replaced the camshaft, the ACR still would not work, even with a new spring. I think the weight with the ACR tab is rubbing on the part that looks like a minutare trowel. I sure didn't have any fun gitting the balance weight and the cam aligned with the marks.
284471.jpg

thanks Kraig that helped alot. if anybody would happen to have the dimension that would be great, i have found several similar cylinders and just need to know which size i need to make my own set up.

DAVID; Thanks for the offer. About a 1/2" from the red mark the weight is rubbing on the metal. I had another nice camshaft and the engines runs great. I'm going to mess with this one and see if I can get it to work too.

Curious if anyone has seen or chatted with Jeremiah Chamberlain lately? Miss him and his projects / questions / observations..
1a_scratchhead.gif

thanks Ed, i found one with a 6 inch stroke with a 300lb capacity that i was thinking of making some custom mounts for.

Lewis P

Thanks : when I said there were 6 bolts to move the rear end off the frame to get at the flapper to replace the pin . I did not think he was doing any more that just that. And I know this can be done with out taking other things apart . as the tractor body is lifted from the rear end : just let the rear end move ahead and well it worked for me.

Lewis Do-Dah - hey, so what do you do about the drive shaft since it's still connected?

Ed "Hot Rod" Lincoln - so replacing the camshaft did the trick and you're running/driving now. Sure sounds like something was binding on the ACR of the old cam even after you replaced the spring. I think these old engines are now beginning to show their real age and the cams must be failing.

Tim I am pretty sure the elect lift just replaces the hyd. lift cylinder. It has the same travel as the elect lift for the 147.

284477.jpg

284478.jpg

284479.jpg

Mike, I'm not sure how he's doing but from a quick look at his profile he last logged in some time today.

Jeremiah,
wave.gif

Harry you must mean that for Don T. as I am talking about splitting not jacking the frame up.

Lewis Palma

There drive shaft will pull out . I see we have some no belivers . but I did that and would do that again.

A friend wanted me to take a look at his 14hp Kohler and see what it needed.He said he found some teeth when he changed oil.When I took the oil pan off, the lower balance gear had all the teeth worn off.None of them ever got in the other gears so I removed both balance gears.The lower gear was real loose and wobbled a lot.He somehow got all of those teeth out of the drain hole and no filings or any sign of a tooth in the pan.Will soon have it running again.

Lewis - Do Dah - no my post was actually directed to you. You can't split the rearend from the frame if you don't do something about the driveshaft. You indicated 6 rearend bolts and 1 nut and 1 pin but didn't mention the driveshaft connection - and I still think there may be others as well. What do you do about the driveshaft when you split yours?

Daniel M - the IH gods must have been playing chess with the Kohler Kings that day. You sure have a lucky friend.

Lucky,, Tell him to go buy a couple of lotto tickets.

Do-Dah - come on now, I think you're changing your tune. We're beginning to understand why some guys cut holes in the top of the frame - or why some guys never bothered to fix the flapper (which I wouldn't until I needed to split the tractor).

Back