• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'm still trying to figure out why my carb is spilling fuel out the overflow. Yesterday I removed the slosh gasket and the bowl gasket came out too. When I put the bowl back on with no gaskets at all and turned on the fuel it would not pour gas out of the carb and would run great. Thinking it was just the slosh gasket, I put the bowl gasket back in and put the bowl on. Again, pouring gas out of the over flow. Why would just a bowl gasket stop the float from shutting off the fuel flow? I've held the float up lightly with my finger with no bowl on and the fuel turned on and it does stop the fuel flow, so I know the needle and float work. I set the float with the carb upside down so the float is level with the bottom of the carb when I rebuilt it. I'm going to adjust the float to shut of the fuel a little earlier and see what that does. Would the length of the bowl bolt make a difference?

Chris B - How many models are there? Every one of them is someone's favorite and woill be their recommendation to you. I really like my 782 for tilling and plowing. And riding the grandkids in a trailer. And mowing. And lawnsweeping. And blading. You get the idea...

(I dare you to ask whether gear drive or hydro is better... Always an emotional subject!)

By the way, welcome!
wave.gif

Just got my first pair home. A 122 and a 105. Neither one run right now but both still have gas in the tank so I guess it hasn't been that long. Needless to say they both need work. I figure to get a manual for them and start "tearing them up".
80848.jpg

80849.jpg

Greg,Ken,Kraig,Keith, thanks all good advice all the way around. If those nuts are welded to the frame I must be trying too hard, I have 3 out of the 4 in a baggie ready for paint. Maybe only the 4th one is welded. Check the production records to see if it was built on a Monday or Friday>
bouncy.gif

Oh and Greg, theres a lot of good paint underneath that green colored mold.(grin)

Took the tiller mount and gear box off of the 127 today so the axle can be drained and new hy-tran and filter added. The original paint was still on the old gasket so unless they used a siphon tube the fluid has never been changed. It did not look that bad though.
dunno.gif
What type of lubrication is used in the tiller and snow blower gear boxes?

Donnie H.-

I believe the manual specifies grease or a mixture of grease and 90-weight, but I've been using just 90-weight with good results.

Matt:
Thanks for the info. I plan to take it apart tonight and see what it looks like inside. It feels tight but you never know.

James:
Thanks, I bought it from a plant I worked at a while back. It had a carousel top and was used for stacking product on pallets. I got it for .10c a pond at 1,200 pounds. Modified the top added controls and viola. It is rated for 25 hundred pounds can be wheeled around and has a lift height of 4 feet. It was the best $120 I ever spent.

Charlie, would you get ahold of me with one of those grommets? Your timing is too good. NOS price would be OK too
biggrin.gif

brendon,greg, and frank. Thanks for the welcome. And I figured that the hydro/gear driven would be a disscussion to see. Probably like square and round headlights on jeeps...lol 782 and 149?? Never heard of em, Im giong to have do some looking around thanks alot,
Chris

Well, so much for wind um up and watch um go
lol.gif

I've got gear drives and hydros and tryin to work my way into a 1650

My first was a 124 (gear). My 2nd was a 125 (hydro) I bought to use for parts on the 124 restoration. Found enough parts to get the 125 going because I was unwilling to use the 124 on a day to day basis. I just bought the 127 (hydro) a few days ago and nearly went through the big "D" because of it. I can't get her to understand the need to have more than one. I made a mistake once after a post here and told her that I need a tractor for each implement...........oops. You can imagine how that went. Needles to say it did NOT help my case any...

I will stand my ground however because there are worse things I could be getting into.

GREG - I hadn't been to Jonathan's site for a while.....BTW....That's MY 982 on His site.
ihrotate.gif

Don T.: From your 9:05 post yesterday; The carb part wasn't a big challange, but I can't figure out the other part. It looks to be aboot 6"x7" ? The closest I can come is an extra piece from the battery box.
dunno.gif
wink.gif

Dennis F - Your 982 looks great. Let me know if you run out of storage space - I can be there with a trailer by sunset and I promise to give it a good home!
bouncy.gif

Donnie: At my age and the kids all grown it is easy. I just tell my wife one of the kids needs a tractor for their home. Works for me! LOL

Pops

Back