Archive through March 09, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, my blower is a 42, and I'll need it for next winter! Couldn't push any more snow this year, we got too much at a time. Will the 12 or 14 HP support the blower sufficiently? I can buy a 1450, but the asking price is a bit steep, the guy thinks he's got gold!

Roger the 12 horse should handle the qa42, but the engine and blower must run well and be in good order.

And with the hydro you can control power to pto and ground speed seperately.

If you have a 149 I would work on that, but there is nothing wrong with backup. I use a 149 blower and a 129 pusher for my snow.

just my 2 cents

The picture I posted below is old and I was using a 128 with-out creeper drive, my point is 12 horse should be fine but 14 is great.

Roger you mentioned a 1450. Unless the unit been gone thru you most likely will need to change the ISO mounts and the electric PTO swithchs are Known to fail.

Donald Tanner,
Thanks for the advise on soaking the valve w/ oil. I already did this, however I havn't run it yet . I'll give the forward/reverse trick this weekend. Again thanks for the response
Randy

Randy on a valve in my 149 I had to get a small screw driver and work the ball inside back and forth and it finaly freed up.

Dennis Frisk

I have been having a problem these last few days and now it looks like I will not be doing any cub work for awhile.Fives years ago at work, number 4 disk burst and I lost a lot of feeling in my right hand and arm. the doctors told me that number 3 disk has moved out of place.Today I moved the 125 12k and I think I burst number 3 disk.Right now after 3 Demerol (50 mg) I can move but can`t lift my left arm with out using my right arm to lift it .With two tractors apart in my shop this could not happen at a worst time. I will suffer out the night and hospital in the am. I hope to be able to finish my 125 and O , but I don `t know when. I`am posting this to let Marlin And Norm know that I might not be able to help writ the FAQ on the hydro as planned. Sorry Charlie for the off topic post. Later Don T

OK yall, I just bought a brinly plow. Has sleeve hitch hook up. Are there different sizes to these things or are they all the same? This thing is about 80 pounds!Will my electric lift, lift it? Also, how do you "set" it? Anyone got pics of theirs?
lurking.gif

just put bearings and brushes in the 86 starter/gen tonight it went smoother than expected works like a champ now old brushes were 1/8th in long. my thoughts an easy job

I have a 106 and am going to buy a 108 with no deck or deck hardware. Will the 106 deck mounting hardware fit the 108. Also, I need to replace both pulleys in front as they are jimmy rigged onto the 106. What is the name of the part that holds the pulleys.
Thanks,
mike brennan
[email protected]

Regarding my 108 query: I just figured out I am talking about the mule drive.

DON - If your reading this, take care of yourself, heal up some and get better. Take your pain pills. No sense in being miserable with pain. The Cubbies can wait till your better.

To keep this on-topic, I did almost ALL the part gathering for dropping my K321 into my #72 until I couldn't find one of the forged Alcoa rods so then the whole thing SAT. Three years later I found a rod AND a K361 cam. Within about 3 months the engine was together, straight pipe made, custom 3 gal. fuel tank made, many other new parts like HD MWSC clutch, pressure plates & drive shaft installed, new steering gearbox, different rear axle carriers with needle bearings & new seals & gaskets installed. Assembly goes quick when the right parts finally come together. I even sent an e-mail to Alcoa asking about buying raw forgings from them for those rods. Of course I didn't get an answer!

Don-

Sorry to hear about your back/neck situation. I certainly hope things are minor. If you only lived a few hundred miles closer I'd love to come help with your cubs. I know it's hard but the secret now will be rest.

To stay OT I was almost finished with my annual mulching festival using the 108 and 124 and the rains came. Since most of my seats have splits in the covering I can't afford to let them get wet. It takes forever to dry and I hate a wet butt. I also found a broken teaser on the 108 but it will have to wait.

Don sorry to hear about your problem with the back I have disc and hip joint problems also. The chiropracter is helping me a lot. On the piston and rings in your 301. I use that type ring squezer and have broke two rings with it. I found i need to expand the ring squezer and thoroughly clean it before use. A small portion of dirt can keep it from closing up on the rings tight enough. I hold it with a oil filter wrench while tightening and use assembly lube on the rings. Just my 02c
Luther

Tim T - Check the FAQs at the top of the page. There's a very detailed article by Steve "Mr Plow" Blunier that will make adjustment a snap. The plows come in 8", 10", and 12" models. Measure outward, perpendicular to the main plow frame, to determine which size you have. I don't currently have an electric lift on my 147, but I've been told that if it's well maintained and working properly it will easily lift your plow. I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable will chime in...

Tim i have been using a electric lift for 25 years. It will lift a plow with all ease. And using a blade and down pressure will lift the front wheels off the ground.

Don T., get well SOON!

Mike B., 106 = Narrow Frame. 108 = Wide Frame. The mower deck sub-frame/mule drives are not interchangeable between them. Depending on which mower deck you have it might be adaptable to the 108 with the correct sub-frame/mule drive.

Rudy, as others have stated, get both make one good one and keep the other for spare parts.

I have a chance at a 127 with electric lift. I know the 147 came with electric lift standard but I haven't seen many (if any) 127s with this option. Were there 127s that just came with this system or were they special order? The reason I may get it is I hope to replace the electric lift with a manual, set the 127 up with a deck and sell it. This way I will have an extra lift for the 147. If it's a special thing I might just leave it alone and plan a refurb....someday.

Wayne, it was standard on the 147 and an option on the other models. Not sure if it was only a dealer installed option vs a factory installed option though.
dunno.gif
My guess is dealer (or owner) installed only.

222346.jpg

Latest posts

Back