• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Also,
I have a pic of one of the raffle items that might be of interest to everyone attending PD.
Hank says hello to everyone.
thumbsup_old.gif

80638.jpg

80639.jpg

Kentuk, the guys at the Dodge dealers know that compressed air valve holder trick well. Those early 5.7 hemi's are notorious for busted valve springs.
biggrin.gif

David, a dab of DR. Tranny's Trans Goo has always worked better than grease for me. Just stick them 1 at a time with a needle nose pliers.

Dennis, 5ft cutter on a 450? If it weren't for the occasional chunk of stalk and cob thrown up, I'll bet it was a little tough to remember the cutter was back there.
thumbsup_old.gif

I always used my fingers or needle nose pliers to set the keepers in , V8s or K301s ... didn't know they made a tool fer it. Sometimes I'd use a magnet to lift'em out too.

I need to go up to Tractor Supply and see if they've got a copy of Hank's book. I seen a copy of Ken's there once.

Has anyone ever tightened the brakes on a 100 so much that they won't release?

Went by Jerry B's today and picked up some goodies. Now I've got a PTO clutch release arm, a gas tank and a grille screen for the 100. I didn't have time to get it all together, but hope to have it running again tomorrow.

Thanks Jerry!!!!

Keith L.-

If the tractor has been sitting for awhile, that brake puck probably got stuck in the housing. I'd loosen it up temporarily and drive it around until it breaks loose. I had one that took about 2 weeks of use to break it loose, but it finally did.

I just bought a 127 with 40" tiller. The tractor is in great condition, looks to have spent many years of its life indoors. The only thing missing, oddly enough, is the lift assembly. I plan to take the lift from my 125 and put on it if it will fit. My 125 is used mostly with a blade on the front and does not need the rear lift. I must say it is nice to finally have a Cub with disk brakes. It is a manual lift, what are the odds of the hydro being set up for lift ability? Sorry I do not have any photos yet
worthless.gif
(camera on the fritz).
The 127 looks at home alongside the 124 & 125. Whoever said they were only good for boat anchors has never spent time on the West end of the States where any late Cub is hard to find. I have been living in this area for gong on 9 years and have yet to see a Red. I plan to be the first. Its good to be king, even if it is only in your own mind.

Donnie H.-

The 127 does not have a ported hydro. You could try to find a narrowframe hydraulic lift unit, but they can be hard to come by and also very expensive. If I were you I would just get a spring assist. My tiller tractor is manual lift, and I don't have a problem lifting it with the spring assist.

Thanks for the help on putting the valve keepers in. The valve rotators are different on the 14 & 16 HP from the 12HP. After I turned them right side up, the keepers went right in!!

Well, I'm now in the 123 that's running club. No ride, yet, too much snow today. Got it into the CubHouse while it was still nice out on Friday afternoon, new head gasket and plug, cleaned carb, new gas w/carb cleaner and MMO and it started and ran last night, but only when 1/2 choked. Let it sit overnight and this morning it started right up, ran it awhile, and now it starts even without being choked. I've gone from asking myself "why?" to being a happy camper.
bubbly.gif

David - Don't you know that this is the North American side of the world ? It works better if you don't put them in "Aussie Style"
80654.gif

Frank - To cold to be a "camper".
80655.gif

Just joined your forum and it was really helpful. Just aquired a Cub Cadet 1450 from my father in which he thought the engine locked up on him. He gave me the tractor and all the attachments for it. The problem wasn't the engine at all, the PTO windings burnt up and locked everything up. I replaced the PTO with a new one and the 1450 runs like a raped ape. I also took everyone advice and welded up the modification for the engine mount. Runs a lot smoother now. By the way my grandfather bought this tractor in the 70's new so it has been in the family ever since. Great website with a lot of useful info. Thanks all
80657.jpg

80658.jpg

80659.jpg

George - Welcome to the family of nutz around here
biggrin.gif

Glad you got to keep the 1450 in the family and got the ol gal running again
thumbsup.gif

I want to offer a Modification I did for the Hydro's Rag washers getting torn up. I came up with a flex plate type of design. For all of you that put info out there that helped me I hope some of you can use this. Thanks<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
Flex Plate Mod
Cub Cadet Flex Plate Modification.doc (25.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

George L.-

Steel? That might work until the ISO-mounts go, and then I'm not sure I want to know what'll happen when the engine starts moving around a lot. I think the flex joints are rubber for a reason. The 82-series tractors, which came after the Quietline series (1450, etc.) use two of the rubber discs on either end of the driveshaft for a total of four. That setup lasts quite awhile. Not saying what you did won't work, but those engines will move around a bit and I think they'll crack the steel. The bolts won't go through the rag joint if the are tightened properly. Most I have seen have been tightened WAY too far. Let us know how it works.

Thanks for the info Matt.
BTW anyone know how many Cubs you need to own to be considered a dynasty?
worthy.gif

Latest posts

Back