Archive through March 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason - If you're not grounded directly from the battery to the engine then it has to go through various over lapped steel that has oxidation / rust / paint plus then it has to rely on the oil pan / frame mounting area to be clean.
About 12 years ago one of my welding customers was talking about having to buy 2 new batteries that summer and he was still having trouble with it not starting. Well he had the mower here getting the deck welded so I ran a quick look over it and found the frame ground had paint under the cable ring terminal. I sanded it to bare metal and it took care of his battery problem.
Another way to check if you have a bad ground is to see if the ground cable gets warm or hot while cranking.

Tim - You want me to do WHAT ! I've been 5 weeks cleaning HALF of mine.

Charlie - South East Illinois had 3-4 foot drifts from what I heard on the Weather Channel the other day. Is there any of our members there ?

Graeme - Doesn't that make sitting on the little seat with the hole in it a little bit dangerous ??
rofl.gif

Kentuck - that can be dangerous no matter where ! How about on the equator?!
My 102 should have a cousin in residence somewhere after the weekend, if all pans out OK. I am trying to stay calm.
22C=72F here 9.30pm. Good weather for fishen termorrer so I'll cruise by later in the day.

Brendan; In the late 60s I would have 15 to 25 kids taking turns letting me pull thier sled with my 100. A lady came walking by last week with 2 other adults, and it was her children. first thing she told them was about sledding behind my cub cadet.

Jason; if the hot shot cable helped you have a connection problem somewhere.

Yep...we do that too..the kids love it, especially when I slingshot them in a corner
lol.gif

My wife worries there gonna get hurt meanwhile our grand daughter is laughing so hard she is crying. I can't go fast enough to suite her.
80701.jpg

Morning all, could someone tell me what size and length the rod ( pin ) is on the quick attach snow blade. the pin is the one that slides into the quick attach under the front of the tractor, it looks to me that it is a carrage bolt spot welded into place and drilled for a cotter pin? thanks Don T

Mornin Don...mine measures 1 1/2" X 1/2" on the inside of the frame

Thanks a bunch. i will get a couple carage bolts and tack weld the in to the sub frame and then on to another tractor lol. later Don T

Thanks Matt G. I'll keep running it around.

Well, after I check the carb float. I may have a pin hole as the it was just pouring fuel out the intake of the carb. When I had the carb tore down to rebuild I meant to test the float in a cup of warm water, but got in a hurry and forgot. Other than the surging with the extra fuel the engine sounded pretty good at full throttle. Popped the clutch driving around on the grass and it will spin the tires pretty easy.

Oh yeah, I was gonna just leave the paint as is after I cleaned it up a bit. The wife asked yesterday if I was gonna have it sand blasted or powder coated or how I was gonna paint it. I told her I was gonna leave it as is and her response was, "If you're gonna have all this stuff sitting around at least make it look nice!"

Guess I'm painting a tractor this spring. Hope she allows me enough time to get it done by RPRU.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the hydralic lift on my 125. It seems to be running very close to the frame. As you can see in the picture it was actually rubbing, Don & myself tightened up the linkage underneath and it's not touching anymore. I was wondering if maybe it wasn't installed properly or it's just worn somewhere. It works fine I was just a bit concerned that there might be a problem?? It almost looks like the ram is mounted crooked?? Any info would be great. Thanks Jim S
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back