• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26230.jpg
26231.jpg

We got our year's quota of rain in January and February, now with the temps in the high 80's it mowing time in Arizona.
Love this 782 with a M-18 engine and a 50 inch deck. Nothing better than the smell of fresh cut grass and the purr of the Kohler twin.

26237.jpg

I never was a big fan of the 50 inch decks until I strengthened it and added the front swivel casters. Now it cuts beautiful and I never have any gouges in the grass while going up and down the irrigation berms.

26238.jpg

Richard,

This is what mine looked like at 6PM tonight...before I tore it down
happy.gif
happy.gif

26240.jpg

The other night I got this far with the Mag....mostly assembled, waiting for sheetmetal and intake/carb.

26241.jpg

Installed my oil pressure sending units (gauge and idiot light - tee'd together)

26242.jpg

RTV dispenser (kids medicine syringe).....this worked GREAT!!!

26243.jpg

Tonight the KT got yanked out fo the tractor and I finished up the Mag assembly. Painted everything up nice and pretty tonight so it will dry at least 24 hours before I start messing with it again Sat. AM.

26244.jpg

26245.jpg

I used a low gloss automotive engine paint (good to 500 deg., oil/gas/chemical resistant, etc.). It laid down very nice, might be just a little flatter than the factory paint, but looks nice on the engine.

About a month ago I swapped out the AL rear end for a nice solid IH Cast Iron one!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

26246.jpg

Midwest (MO, IA, WI, MI, IL, IN) events? Farm, steam, whatever... oh and to stay on topic CUB events
happy.gif

Where's a good place to get info? Also, if you folks want to email me ones you know of...

I'm going compile a web based calendar of events to make available to everyone here.

Joe C., nice job on the 149! The 105 looks nice too.

Steve-
Nice work! If I ever get the chance to, one of the next things I'd like to mess around with a boxer twin in a 782.

Wyatt, no new projects for you until you finish your Wheatland, oh and there's that black car you need to finish so I can test drive it! :eek:)

Steve, looking good. That paint turned out nice. Did you have new decals or did you mask them? If you masked them what did you use?

Geeez Kraig, I was thinking of getting a boat too!
happy.gif

<font size="-2">nevermind that I've got all of about 15 minutes of free time a day!</font>

SB -

Just a hint. I'm sure most digital cameras are the same - they just doesn't focus very well when they're within a couple feet of the subject. It should have a separate mode that will let you get focused closeups.

I know I was banging my head on that problem for a while until I, yep, you guessed it,
rtfm2.gif

lol.gif

Bryan,

10-4......I COULD have switched the mode, but it was more of a PITA than I was ready to deal with at 11PM last night....."Clear enough" went thru my head!!!! (wacking the size 10X smaller didn't help any either
happy.gif
)

Kraig,

Thanks, Original decals, masked with blue painters masking tape and cut to the decal edge with an exacto.

When in a pinch if you hold the camera back and zoom in on the object the auto focus will usually work just fine, but you'll need a steady hand and good light. I've used several brands of digital cameras and some are much better at closeup than others. In my experience Sony has a better autofocus than the others I've used. I sure wish my Sony had a higher megapixel rating. I know it's way beyond the time I should have upgraded my camera but I just don't like much of the offerings I see. I want something with a good optical zoom (10x) and most don't have much of an optical zoom (usually 3x). The only camera I've found that I want is over $800 and it's hard to justify spending that much. I haven't even spent that much on my Cubs!

Steve B.
Just a thought, while you have it torn down check your rock shaft close, a lot of them get tweeked right here.

26252.jpg

Doesn't take much to reduce your lift.

Wyatt,

Heater was on in the garage last night...does that count?????? (Nah, it's stock)

Kraig,

I have a Fuji S5000......GREAT camera. Close ups can make for auto focus issues, but I have found that focusing on a flat wall or similar object about the same distance away, locking the focus with the shutter control partially depressed, and shooting the intended object works fairly well.

Last night I just wasn't in the mood for dinking around with too good of pics......just wanted to tell a few Cub cadet nuts the Mag 18 story
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I am learning why people who sell Cub Cadet large items often state in their ads "local pickup only". I am looking for an economical way to ship a couple of Cub Cadet items that are on pallets. So far I am amazed at what I have heard as quotes from carriers, such as Yellow. Has anyone found a way to move things like blades, tillers, etc., cross-country without spending $200 or more?

Latest posts

Back