• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Man! There's one in every group!
26188.gif

Dale R,
The average person could probably do it in an hour or so. It helps to have a screw starter,
and make sure you have a magnet handy to pick up the screws when you drop them. I will take some patience because the points cover sits at an odd angle and the heat shield for the exhaust manifold is in the way. You may need to remove the air cleaner base. Be careful not to drop the
screws down the carb. I wouldn't replace the coil
unless it quits working. I would definetly replace the condenser along with the points though.

Bob R
I also saw your question's on a Farmall Cub forum where you also described the driveshaft on your tractor. From your description, you have the remains of a Cub Cadet known as an Original, because they were the first model and did not have a model number. If your says 100 on the hood, someone has added those decals. To answer your question's to this forum, and the other forum I saw them on, the Original had a 7 hp engine that had a MAX full load RPM of 3600. The drive pulley that the belt to the clutch goes on has 3-3/8" outside diameter.

Thanks guys I assumed it was a 100. There is no sheet metal left. It was just a frame,transaxle and the little drive shaft with a clutched pulley.I dont understand how this thread works cant find my original post or any where to click on just that thread?
thumbdown.gif
Bob

Mag 18 is assembled as far as I can go without pulling the KT-17II out of my 782 (Thursday evening and Saturday's job).

Assembling the engine wasn't too bad, especially after I had an idea for applying very small amounts of RTV sealant........I used one of the plunger style (syringe) children's medicine dispensers...popped the plunger out, squirted some RTV in to fill the tube, replaced the plunger, and proceeded to lay down perfect little beads of RTV!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I need to clean up some sheet metal, swap over the carb/intake assembly from the KT and then give it a nice coat of engine black before reinstalling it in the 782. I need to rebuild the steering box and tighten the front end on the 782 anyway....at least I'll have something to do while the paint dries
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve-
Was there a spring under the float on that carb? I know from looking at service bulletins on green tractors, some of the engines with fuel pumps came with a spring under the float (item 7), the service bulletin says to remove the spring.
26196.gif

Hi Guys just found the other replies from last night.It is diffinitly a original(1963). I did not know there was a differnce between it and the 70-100!I cant use a stock engine pulley because Im using a small 4cyl water cooled kohler. Did they all use the same transaxle? Thanks Bob

Wyatt,

Don't know...haven't pulled the carb on the KT yet (as I still need the tractor to run to move it into the garage for surgery).....I'll check when I do the swap (If I rebuild the carb, it runs fine as-is, so it might not be necessary - I'll probably just swap the whole intake assembly and save a bunch of unnecessary work).

(Message edited by sblunier on March 09, 2005)

Steve B, what kind of RTV did you use?
The stuff I use is called Dirko, comes out of germany or sweden. Real good stuff.

Hey Steve...That carb was rebuilt about a year ago..Hope that saves you some work...Kurt

Thanks Kurt, nice to know!!!!!

BTW, There wasn't anything wrong with the KT-17 that a set of rings wouldn't have fixed, but when you get your hands on a Mag 18 with filter, etc. for cheap....why not upgrade!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Love the tractor!!!!

Jim,

Permatex Ultra Gray.....supposed to be designed for high clamping loads associated with new cars with lots of AL die-cast parts.......figured that fit the bill for a Kohler perfectly.

Is there a starter/bracket that can use the flywheel to start the engine on a 104 cub 10hp. I'm building a puller for my son and don't want the starter/gen if I can do with out
Thanks Mark H.

So I'm driving home from the train station this evening when I notice a flash of yellow and white ahead of me. Sure enough, I found this heading to it's new home...

26200.jpg

Charlie -

Yeah, but I knew this tractor's provenance, if you will. Using information on this here very forum you can too
wink.gif

Back