• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yepper, I think I can too, grin
26204.jpg

Man, you guys sure are fast. Sure enough Im the proud owner of my third Cub Cadet. Picked my new 73 up from Tom Hoffman's this evening, and I guess that some people already knew that.
yummy.gif

26209.jpg

26210.jpg

All I can say is my new camera phone really works pretty good.

Gee wiz Kevin must really be proud of his new Cub... He already edited his profile.
biggrin.gif

Does anyone know where a rockie can get a decal kit for a 582 Special? It's pretty hard to locate such an item.

Yea, I am proud, but Im proud of any Cub that ive got. Speaking of which. Im starting to put some of the finishing touchs on my Original after almost a year of it being half done.

26216.jpg

Is the PTO wear button pressed in? If it's pressed in can it be removed and replaced without using a shop press. I don't own a press.
Bill

Bill G,
I used to tap mine in with a small soft head hammer until I switched to the bronze buttons that the sponsors sell.

Wyatt/ Steve; from what I can remember that spring had something to do with keeping the float steady on rough terain so it didn't flood the engine with gas.

Don-
That's what I remember the service bulletin saying, it went on to say (and I paraphrase) "it doesn't work like it should, take the spring out"

Don, Wyatt,

Tell me more about the float spring. My KT17 has a flooding problem on rough terrain. I mentioned that last fall. My lot qualifies since there isn't a flat spot anywhere. I will be taking the carb off before I start mowing again this year. Where can I find the service bulletins on the carb.

Charlie,

Thanks for the helpful hint. Hopefully I will get some more work time in this Friday.

CHARLIE - Your braver than I am to be pounding on those brittle thrust buttons with ANYTHING. Mine usually just slide right in with maybe a twist to get them started. My 129 went thru a spell 2-3 yrs ago where it would spit the button out every month or two, except for the little 1/4" dia. shank.... I think the button in the 72 now has set a record.... something over 5-6 years old.... Took a LOT of replacement parts to get the clutch to let the button last that long. I even used a spare clutch I have to engage/disengage the blower on My lawn vac. Having almost lost My thumb on the thing a couple years ago I wanted to "Improve" the design a bit.

Hello, I am a relatively new owner of a 1650. Problem is, It needs to have the Kohler rebuilt. How hard is this? Has anyone done this themselves? Or does anyone know of a good person to do this in the Mid-Michigan area?

Thanks, Scott

Scott C,
I'm gonna pull a Weaver on ya here.
1. It's not if you have the know how and the tools.
2. Yes
3. No, but you might try one of these sponsors above as they sell engines and some even work on them. And if all else fails, try the Yeller Pages and or the Kohler website for a dealer near you.
wave.gif

Greetings from Indy; A freind was telling me about his cub tractor this last weekend. He has had it for 15+ years and it is so rusted the model number is not identifiable. It does not have the standard oversized starter generator, but has a smaller coke bottle replacment. Can anybody tell me if this is specific to a certain model number or is the starter just a cheap replacment? I'm going to try and take a look at it next weekend.

Thanks
Joe

I have never shown my two animals off until now. The 149 was my winter project. It was purchased from the original owners son with a counter balance lodged in the side of the orignal engine block. Thanks to JB Weld, its back and running. It has been upgraded with the imitation power steering thrust bearing. The hydro unit has new gaskets and seals and so far is leak free. Luckily, this tractor was only worn out once so it went back together and cleaned up nicely. The 105 tractor is the one that still has to work for a living--and it will put snow on the roof of the neighbors house if you prefer to. It was refurbished a couple of years ago as well. One to show and one to mow. I want to thank everybody who responded to all of my pesky questions about the most inner workings of a cub. The responses were appriciated. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Latest posts

Back