• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,

Is that Elvis on that tractor?
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 139
Looking up Gandy Turf Tender there's a lot of lawn chemicals that List settings for that machine. Must have been popular at one time. They are still in business. They trademarked the name Turf Tender in 1969.

Charlie, I've seen several sell around here in recent years. Mostly from golf course sales. Never worth more than scrap. They usually got used up well I imagine. I'll take the 1650 it's hooked too!
Got some seat time today cleaning up junk in the yard, I forgot to take pics though, sorry. 100 and IH cart worked well.
worthless.gif

Attachments

• worthless.gif
    worthless.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 139
John L. and company....

Don't worry about me, I'm never offended by another opinion about Cub cadets, especially loaders.

Having had the benefit of owning and running loaders on both IH built units and the later MTD SGT's, I am uniquely qualified to have an opinion on the matter. In fact I have the same brand of loader on both tractors.

I won't argue about AL rear ends, I don't mind them, but they bother some folks (AL's do have heavier ring gear carriers and stringer fine splined axles though).

When it comes to the length of the SGT frame and the addition of Power Steering.....NO CONTEST. If my 1872 had a cast iron rear end and 14hp Kohler like my 149 did it wouldn't bother me in the slightest........BUT I want the long frame and power steering. The long frame gives you a weight transfer advantage, but more importantly, frees up space on the operators platform for you to get on and off the machine.

Power steering is a GOD SEND with a loader, no way around it.

The thing about CC's with loaders is that they are so handy, but they are also very limited, and not just at digging ponds, but even just loading dirt, or a pallet of pavers....500-600# adds up fast in the bucket and CC's with loaders are operated "overloaded" 75% of the time. Some of the SGT features help to cope with this better than the std frame GT's, but either way, they are both incredibly useful machines.....once you have one, you will always have one
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 132
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 142
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
Digger-just got my order thank you...but I have a spark plug in my order that I didn't order.if you like it back let me know thanks again

Ethan K.
Sometimes people get goodies in their boxes.
beerchug.gif

Course there are some that get goodies and bitch about it, BTDT and had it happen!!!!

Attachments

• beerchug.gif
    beerchug.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 135
Digger-I appreciate the goodie then I work in a parts department for a living so I like to give colleagues a heads up if a mistake was made.thanks again.looking forward to showing my daughters how to rebuild a carburetor

What wattage light bulbs are used for our Cub Cadets? My local Lowe's has a whole bin of FEIT Electric 36w/12v PAR36 flood lamps for $2 each. Apparently they are supposed to be used for landscape lighting, but they look identical to our cub bulbs. I'm just not sure if 36w is bright enough.

They have the both spade terminals and screws, so it would be easy to use in any tractor.

Cubs used Trapezoid pattern (trap_ bulbs, rather than floods, but for the application, I can't see it mattering much........I would buy them up for $2 each!

Nic-any auto parts store worth there salt will stock4411s for agriculture useage etc.i grabbed some from my local Napa store, but wholly hell two bucks each grab em all even if the burn out once a month you'll be set for a while,I wonder if that's a regional promotion?Ill have to hit up my local lowes to see tonight

I'm wondering if they will take the vibration?
313294.jpg

Attachments

• 313294.jpg
    313294.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 313294.jpg
    313294.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 136
Digger-interesting question I "padded" my light bulbs meaning I took some door sealing weatherstripping and stuck it around the insides of the opening of the headlamp mounting panel to absorb some of the shock from the engine running maybe nic could try this seeing how he'd be a lowes anyways

I found these, 4 little LED that are really bright!.
313297.jpg

I realize the pic is poor. I don't think I'll put them in the grill, probably one forward on the outside of the grill, and other on back fender or such.

Attachments

• 313297.jpg
    313297.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 313297.jpg
    313297.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 135
313300.jpg

For reference

Attachments

• 313300.jpg
    313300.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 313300.jpg
    313300.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 143
if you want blown headlights, put them on a 169.........headlights, hood hinge, dental fillings......you name it, it will eventually vibrate them to death!!!!

......but man will that 16hp lug!!!!!!!

All,

I know it's been a while, but I wanted to give those interested the outcome of my K301's trip to the engine shop...while it took much longer than anticipated - I received it back in good working order last week and fired it up in the 124 yesterday.

Here is what was done to it:
- crank turned down 0.20
- cylinder honed
- new piston / rings / connecting rod
- reseated valves
- cleaned out / new gaskets

I got the carburetor tuned during my lunch today and I have never heard it run smoother in the short time that I have had it.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice during the teardown process. It was all invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back