Archive through March 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone offer a little help with my question? I posted it last night. "I have a kohler crankshaft question. I have a crankshaft on my desk in front of me that is supposed to be for a K321 14 hp. Are there any numbers on this crank for ID purposes? How do I verify what it is for? I am planning a rebuild on my 1450."
Thanks.

Charlie-

That's the only pic I need. I just wanted to make sure that is what I thought it was.

does any one know of any mower junk yards in north east illinois or north west indiana?

Hey Kentuck, Just the opposite of your 416 pm post. In auto tech class back in high school, my teacher talked of a carb cleaner used in the 60's. If you left the carb soaked to long, the cleaner ate the carb!
coffee.gif

Thomas,
The 14HP crank has a 3.25" stroke. So the center of the shaft to the center of the crank pin is 1.625. The main bearings are 1.5745" and the crank pin is 1.5000".

If that's how is measures up there is a good chance its a 14hp crank.

Terry,
Thank You for your response. I'll check out the measurements.
Tom

where do you guys get your tiller tines for the international tillers.i looked in the parts look up in the above box from cub cadet and they said there still available but a bit pricy!just wondering if someone could point me in an alternative direction

Todd - That's what I was getting at ... nowadays it's to weak to clean.

Ron - On that "DP" , it's only counter bored on one side according to the drawing.

Jason D.

Top of this page, see all those nice color boxes, click on them, I know at least one of them has tiller tines listed.

Michael,Charlie
shot the spiral pins with pb blaster,used the air hammer first but the tip was to narrow so i got a punch and a hammer and knocked thoes suckers out.Thanks For the help and advice.

morning all. up early ,had to use the jeep Ch to take the wife to work at 6 am and was looking around to find a new k321 engine. do you guys know of a place that has any good deals? later Don T

Ken; You could use that imported pepsi to clean about anything, including carbs.
How much snow last week? I got 6 inches.My cubs were happy.

Charlie-

One more thing about that bushing. Would you happen to know what the OD of that is, by any chance?

Good morning, All. Don wasn't here long enough for me to put him to work, but he did get a chance to try Lucy.
80504.jpg

80505.jpg

Navigator and pilot, shortly before riding off into the snowstorm:
80506.jpg

Micheal: Check out Cub Cadet Warehouse I consider him Northern In. Good guy and he has used and new stuff. I know "been there and done that."

Charlie: Yep looking for another to rebuild but as I wait and try to pry the money from my lovely wife's fingers I am refurbishing and restoring a Ertyl IH Pedal tractor for my grandaughter bought it for her dad back in 1974.

Don: There is a very good chance that I might be heading to Halifax next summer and I mean a very good chance.
wave.gif

Pops
bubbly.gif
now excuse me the 1650 and I got to go move some more "Blankety" snow.

KENtucky, there is a counter bore, the hole is drilled all the way through at 0.51" diameter and is drilled 0.2" deep at 0.67" diameter. Of course, having the actual PDF file helps.
happy.gif

80513.jpg

Am needing to know if "new" lower belt pulley for an original are still around anywhere? (No NO-- not the evel poof)Would like to know what the thickness of the clutch fibre on the two sides was when new. Am trying to estemate lifespan that may be left.

Latest posts

Back