Archive through March 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B.
If my 149 can lift a thrower and a tiller with my wife standing on the tiller, I know any hydraulic lift Cub should too.

Heck, the 147 will lift a tiller and a blade with an electric lift with no problem.

I had 300+ pounds on the plow on the 1450 and it lifted it, course the front end came off the ground, so I had to get the wife to set on the hood for counter balance, LOL

T.G. that is from my old days of owning a jeep. The solenoid will stick inside so little persuasion with hammer usually does it. Same principle as beating on your starter with a hammer, the solenoid is incorporated on those ones.

Jeff B,
You may have air in you hydraulic system... A fluid and filter change may help... (HyTran and IH filter)

Charlie and Scott thanks I will try fluid and filter change as it is due, I bought this 149 last summer and had to put it into service right away.

This is next on my list as I will be tilling the garden soon I hope

here is a picture of it 1 year ago when I brouhgt it home

222074.jpg

Jeff, Let us know how it turns out... with air in the hydraulic system, the air has to be compressed before any movement in the cylinder happens.. If you attachments weigh more than the PSI the air gets compressed to, then it won't lift...
A source of air is using an improper filter not designed for a Hydro, such as a POS Fram... It has to be a suction filter w/o check or bypass valves..

And NO, Jeff B.
I'm not picking on just you.
wink.gif

You know, I've often wondered why people buy old machines of any kind. Bring them home and fire them up and just start using them with no thought at all towards doing or checking anything if they run.

Maybe someone can tell me why no fluids are checked or changed, no tune up's are done or why a general looking over of connections, wiring, hoses and the like.

I'd really like to know, because it just baffles my feeble mind! LOL

Charlie I know better by now that you are not picking on me.

I did tune it up plug, air filter, points,condeser,battery and a oil change. at that point I ran out of money and time.

Also at the time and still the hydro runs good and lifts good with only one implement on it.

I have big shoulders and can handle construtive critisism. I relize some on here don,t.

I have always said a person can learn something new every day if they WANT to.

charlie thanks for this site

Jeff-
I have a 169 that struggled to lift a tiller when I first got the tractor. It would strain (SLOW!) and screech as the tiller went up. The tractor would lift it, but there was too much drama involved to consider it "normal" operation. The fluid in the tractor was clear, and the hydro filter was some off-brand junk.

I changed the fluid and filter and everything went back to "normal". I'm not sure if it was the wrong fluid, or the wrong filter that "fixed" it, but from now I always use Hytran and REAL Cub Cadet filters and haven't had a problem.

Just something to consider....

thanks Art I do and will use a OEM filter and real Hytran. I am a strong believer in OEM parts although I have used a stens head gasket and a brass pto button.

This is why this is a great site because so many people respond with good advice.

I started reassembling my K301, but now its time to got work. will try some pictures later

P.S. I know its wrong but I envy all the 169 owners....some day I hope to be one

I just lucked out and bought a 42 inch snow plow that had almost no rust on it. I disassembled it and painted it and now I need a diagram of how it goes back together. Anyone know where I can get one? cubcadet.com has the model # on site but no picture any longer.

Rudy, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
If you click on the "Manuals" forum on the main page you can access manuals for the tractors and attachments. You didn't mention if you have a wide frame or narrow frame blade so I'll just link to the main blade page, you'll have to select the manual that is for your blade.

Under edit, I just noticed that you list having a model 1811. If the blade is for that it would be a later model and those manuals may not work for it...

Rudy, the parts lookup shows this:

222076.jpg

222077.jpg

222078.jpg

For this:

222079.jpg

Please note that these are post IH models and further discussion of them should be in the CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment forum area.

Well I made it back home safe , I did bring home a 123 , or I do think by looking at the hydro lever that is what IT is lol. I did hear it run and it did not knock and smoke . I won`t be able to put this on the list of working tractors. I has more than a few PO mods. I think I know what happened to the charge pump. I think the rear end has water in it and froze and when he tried to start it the charge pump broke. Pictures of the broken part later. Here is a few of this 123 ?
222084.jpg

The home made deck
clappy.gif
, that does have smooth spindles.

222085.jpg

And the K gen set 5 kw with a running K 301 That will need some work
clappy.gif

222086.jpg

Lewis Palma

I do have some other tin parts like rear fenders That I did not post. This tractor could be running , I know have a 123 .But my friend Frank C in Maine would just part this and move on. I have not decided what to do with it yet lol.IH did make so many models That I don`t have the room for them. Do you have anything to add on the gen set ? I would like some info on it if possible .
1a_scratchhead.gif
Kraig M ?

DON - We need more pic's of that home-made deck when you can get them.

Guys, 1st of all Charlie is right about walbro! I have a used kohler coming in but am trying to at least get my girl running. I am banging my head really about this. After all my efforts when turning over engine if I play with governor linkage she wants to start. why? This is a little out of my realm. I got her running by messing with it holding the linkage closed but will not stay running. I need advice!!

finally got some pics of the original I asked about a week ago
Francis

222093.jpg

update, I went ole school and unhooked all linkage. manually did carb and she started. smoked up the garage bad but at least I know it will run.

Latest posts

Back