• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to put an electric lift back onto the loader cub. I have 3 hydraulic controls. One lifts the boom, one dumps the bucket, and one runs the grapple. If I have the backhoe attachment on then one raises the boom, one runs the elbow, and one swivels the bucket. If I run the cub with the backhoe and the rear blade I don't have a way to lift the blade. I would also like to keep the grapple on the bucket even when blading off snow or whatever. When using the electric lift I don't like to look at it to see if its all of the way up or not. Running the electric lift while its bottomed out cant be good for it. Two years ago at plow day I got a box of lift parts from someone. One of the lifts had a clutch. I decided to make a clutch for the other lift I have before re-installing it back onto the loader cub. I visited my local Menard's and picked up what they call wavy washers. The wavy washers are used to put tension on the clutch. According to the parts list the washers on the OEM version are called Belleville washers. The local IH dealer didn't have any of those small enough. I cutoff the old fixed stud, drilled out the center of the puck, and welded the bolt to the clevis. The one thing I don't like about the design of these clutches is you would have to cut the stud off to change the washers. Its all done now and it works great.
52619.jpg

52620.jpg

52621.jpg

Glen,
Nice artwork, the proportions look about right and the details look great! You might want to see about stretching your abilities by trying to do some perspective drawings/orthographic projections.

Tom B,
Nice score on the 169, it will be a powerful and ground-shaking addition to your stable. The solid mounted 1-lunger will definitely shake, rattle, and roll.

Anyway, I do have a question about hydro noises on my 129, which I have noticed since I got it. It seems to make a growling noise sometimes when it's idling in neutral, but the noise goes away when you speed the engine up and working it. The unit seems to otherwise function OK, and yes I have worked on the trunion, changed the Hy-Tran and filter, and got the neutral adjust reasonably well adjusted over the winter.

If it is potentially serious, I do have a complete rear end assembly out of a 127 that I could potentially transplant all or in parts, but I am really only condidering the 127 Hydro rear as a potential standby resource, and have not tested it. How much of it is transferrable? I imagine things like the check valves, etc are, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Thanks fer the compliments, but I need to see those fenders... I may have some steel comin, and I want to see what the rear of the tractor looks like.

I'm about to find out if I have this picture posting figured out. Here are a few more pictures of my field trip this afternoon. I'm trying to make room in the garage for this restoration project.
52628.jpg

52629.jpg

52630.jpg

52631.jpg

52632.jpg

Thomas B. - Great find on the 169 with the blade, blower, and tiller. Did ya get a deck too?
buttrock.gif

BTW, My email finally came back up 100% this morning so if you emailed me and don't get a reply back today, try again as it may not have made it through.

Thomas, not to harp on your rare cub, but in order for it to get the right look, and more importantly the right airflow, your air filter should be wider than the existin one... and the air cleaner cover should look like this...
52640.jpg

Glen-
Gotta hand it to a guy who can draw as accurate as that. A few years back I completely made a 3-D CAD model (in Pro/Engineer) of my 122. I should dig that out sometime and convert it for the CAD system I use. . . then I could put it in some of the CAD assemblies I've got, hmmm in an Airstream Basecamp, on a railcar, next to a fire truck?

Doug, there was one on Greedbay a while back, he had it converted so that the could use the loader and steer at the same time... I don't think I have any pics, but I'll look.

i was going over some old stuff and found this..

Charlie "Digger" Proctor (Cproctor) on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 01:48 pm:

I don't even remember seeing a pic of a 128 throwin snow!
Kraig?

Was one ever posted eventually?

lol, i wish i could find someone else that had a gear drive tractor without a creeper blowing snow. If i were to put a creeper on, could I just cut the drive shaft shorter then re drill my holes for the pins? Providing i did everything carefully

Jeff B.
Yepper, that's pretty much it. Most drive shafts are already marked where to cut'um too.Unless someone made their own at some point.
It's a pretty straight forward procedure and much eaiser to do on WF's.
beerchug.gif

Jeff B,
Assuming the drive shaft wasn't home made, the holes for the creeper will already be there.

I found a couple of pics of Brad's 149 in the Vault, but I still would like to see some more.
Thanks Glen.

Hi Fellas,

I read this in an ad for a 127:

"Trunion welded (this is a very common problem that often goes unaddressed and what keeps the cub from surging or changing speeds when running)"

Does anyone here know what are they talking about?

Thanks!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back