• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschairer

displayname
Mark J. Schairer
Hi Guys:

Looking on E Bay today, any help here would be appreciated. I know it's not an original, because that's what I have, but what Model / Horsepower could this baby be??? It's only about 1/2 away from me.

Thanks,

Mark

http://tinyurl.com/yu9osc

Mark S.
Lets go this way so it doesn't make the page wide.
thumbsup_old.gif

http://tinyurl.com/yu9osc

Mark S
Its a model 72 and should be, and appears to be, a 7 hp.

Awful quiet today, Yall alright?
Allow me to rephrase my pervious question... I want to make fenders like Brad D.'s cub cadet 149. Soooo... I want s'more pics of them, so's I got a better Idea(Ahem uhhh you're up Kraig)... I would also to put a ROPS style bar and sun shade on it, but that is another plan.

Did I ever show you guys that I do indeed draw cubs... I did this before I got mine, so I know it isn't all that accurate.
52597.jpg

Hi guys Several weeks ago i put a post on this site about taking a hydro pump apart,well today i did and would like to report that this pump is very simple and straight foward with no need for special tools.I can why these pumps last so long ,it is built like a tank.This is a thirty year old from a 1450 and was like new inside with no wear at all.I no longer have to wounder what this pump looks like inside.

Whats the difference with the 8hp kohler on my troy built tiller vs. the one in the cub cadet?

The tiller engine is red and has a white kohler sticker on the shroud. It basicly looks the same except for a few cosmetics.

I'm not sure on the year of the tiller and the spec tag is hidden way up behind the air cleaner.

Did the 149 come with any other transmission other than the hydrostatic or how can i be sure mine is a hydro,i have seen some with fans and hydro lines, mine does not have these

If it isn't a hydro, then it will have a gear shift lever, and the fill plug in the trans cover (very back, behind drawbar) will be lower, and off to the side. you could have also bought a 128/9 that had the manual lift instead of the hydraulic lift like the 149's had, and that had an engine and decal transplant. Where have I heard that before? That is what the fan is for, and the two steel lines.

Glen C.,

AWESOME DRAWING, DUDE!
I'D SAY YOU'VE GOT TALENT THERE!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

It does have shift in middle and all is manual,so what is the 128/9 trans.my unit has been rebuilt several times and does have a 149 hood and 14 K321A and should i be looking for parts for a 128 or are thay about the same.

Fred B. Do you have some pictures of your pump that you can show us? Close ups if you can. Are you going to reassemble the pump? I see those pumps everyday that I work. I bet that I see even the so-called NLA parts. Just need to know how to order them is all and that is no secret either.

Glen C. Cool pic.
buttrock.gif

Bruce S. Hoods from other models will fit your Cub. Can you post a pic/pics for us.

Bruce, I sorta misled ya, a 129 is a hydro, whereas a 128 is a geardrive, and to be honest, I have never seen a 148 before. BUT to answer your question, any wideframe gear drive parts will work, the same goes for hydros.
beerchug.gif

Bruce:
Even number narrow frames and wide frames are gear drives and odd number narrow frames and wide frames are hydrostatic drives. Quiet line, are a little different. 800, 1000 and 1200 are gear drives. 1250, 1450 and 1650 are hydro's. 7x series are all gear drives.
Not until x82 did you have anyting larger than 12 hp with gear drive. Unless you do as I am doing and mate a 126 and a 147...what do you call that...?

Got a question about Kohler twin cylinders. I am getting a Magnum 18 ready to drop in my 782 to replace the worn out KT17 Ser 1. I was wondering if I can use the carb from the KT on the Magnum. The magnum is a newer replacement and has the walbro carb on it and I much prefer the kohler carbs to the walbro. It looks like it should work, just wondering if I am missing anything that would cause problems.
Thanks, John

Bolt it up John...it is a common swap since as you stated, you can't adjust the Walbro carb.

Thanks Ryan.

Thats what I thought, but I am still learning the tricks with these twins. I can't wait to have the 782 running good this spring. Then I won't have to plow with my green tractor at fall plowday. I don't think the 782 will be done for Spring PD.

I came back from my trip to check out a 169. I couldn't leave without it. Along with some attachments. Thanks for the help in identifying the features of a 169. I am attempting to post pictures.
52614.jpg

Confucius say 49 year old man NOT to pick up car off ground at car lot. Spend many days walking looking at toes.

Man those Chevy Metro's are light ;)

Back