• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan,

The trunion has a rectangular hole were the dampening springs are. The rect hole over many hours of use will get notchs in the corner. The notchs are spot welded and than filed back to a square corner.
52644.jpg

Jim

I moved some more snow off the drive and walks today so when our heat wave (36 degrees!) comes tomorrow, it should be completely clean. We had some dry, blowing snow a few days ago, then it warmed up, then froze again. I was moving SHEETS of snow the width of the blade, and 1-3 inches deep/thick. Weird.

Well, the weather gave me a chance to try out my CC 122 some.

I made a video:

http://halitelane.com

The loader doesn't work all that well. Hopefully this is due to a loose hydraulic pump drive belt, but maybe the pump isn't all that well.

Does anybody have a suggestion on the proper displacement for a replacement pump?

About halfway thru this project, the clutch started to chatter in a very nasty way. This morning I looked at the clutch and there's a fresh break on the "teaser" spring.

From the repair manual instructions, it looks like I can slide the engine forward, remove the clutch parts and replace the teaser spring without removing the clutch assembly or engine. Anybody have some experience with this?

Removing the engine and clutch assembly isn't such a big deal, but removing the loader so that I can do it is.

Thanks,
Lee

Hello,
I need the Installation Instructions for installing the Cub Cadet Lift Assist Spring for
a Front 42" Blade on a Cub Cadet 102 Tractor.

Thank you.

Richard}}

Glen,
Thanks for the feedback on the air filter. I was informed by the PO that he had work done on the carb. He stated the float still has a pin hole in it. I hope that a float is still available. I have a freshly rebuilt carb from a K241. Do you know if it is the same as the 169.

I know that there are different diameters for the airflow. The one from a k-241 might work. I'm not positive.

That is awsome Tom! I need one for the tractor that I don't have.

Mike, Yeah, it was a lot of fun bringing the goods home. I did not get a deck with this machine. PO had a 149 hooked up with it. He was keeping that one! I do have a freshly powder coated 50" deck to attach to the 169 though.

Charlie, What are the odds of us both picking up a 169 on the same day!! LOL can't wait to hear the scoop on yours. Mine had a fresh rebuild with documentation provided. I have to fix the carb before I check everything out.

Latest posts

Back