Archive through March 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my k241 is having an issue. It idles fine but WOT seems to be excessive rpms and there seems to be very little middle ground. carb rebuild did not help. when engine heats up 10-15 min. it shuts down like it runs out of fuel.
I suspect governor problem with the high rpms and fuel line blockage or coil breakdown for shutdown will check tomorrow for plugged cap vent.any thoughts on any other possible solutions? tim.

Digger- thanks, just what I was looking for. Should've checked first. looks like it could even handle the 50-60 hp I'm looking to transfer.

Sometimes if I can drag myself out of the shop I like to watch Nascar seen this crazy gopher named "Digger" so I am e-mailing (Nascar) and telling them to get a Cub Cadet shirt on that critter!

How dare they abuse that name and show no respect to the main man!
animatedihbear.gif

Pops

Morning all: Don T made it home safe with my 125 and a whole bunch of other goodies. We'll be unloading for clean-up (road dirt) and photos this evening. Thanks again to Don T, Kevin and all the people along the trip that helped the boys out.
thumbsup.gif

Marlin, sorry to hear about Sadie. In 2003 we had to put down our cat Spree, that sure was a hard thing to have to do.

Don T., good to see you had a safe trip!

Well the Killer Kohler is bolted into the #1 125 chassis. Still have some work to do before it's ready to fire up. I need to clean out a fuel tank and get that mounted up but I want to clean up the mounting bracket and paint it first I should paint the fuel tank while I'm at it. I need to install the starter pulley but I want to paint it too, it's already cleaned up and primed (thanks Art!). I need to get the Starter generator mounted and wired up I suppose I should paint that as well. Sigh, so much to do so little time. Had another possum in the yard yesterday, this one was well away from the shed out in the garden, my daughter took care of it with the Winchester model 9410 .410.
proud.gif

Ken, can the other style guards be put on my 405 or am I stuck to what I have ? Most of the Habans I have been around have my style so it didn't even register what you meant.
happy.gif

Whenever I seen the other style it's always been on big tractors.

KRAIG - It was Just a year ago Son & I were doing those same things on the K321 putting it in the 72....or should that be a 142?

DALE MERKLE _ The rear counter weight on Your Dad's rear mounted HABAN.....I bet that's an EXPENSIVE counterweight.....looks like a brass centrifugal casting. At about $4/pound it's worth almost as much as the Cubbie!

Anyone else get Redpower Magazine? I haven't read the article yet but there's a How To article about using a tapered pin on the left front spindle on NF tractors. Anyone else do this repair? If it works well I've got two I could fix!

ken, Talk about bordom.... im at school and suposed to be typing. haha

Goal setters!

"I set goals a lot. Sometimes for other people. Most of the time of my self. When I make a goal I see what I need to do i make a goal to make that previous goal. But making so many goals for one goal I get confused and lose track."

hhahaha

Anthony, good question, those are from the early 1960's....

80375.jpg

80376.jpg

Dennis
I 95% sure the weight is a chunk of steel. It weighs 25 pounds or less.
One owner 1450 (new in 1977) is worth more than $100. Motor has never been apart.

Ken,
Thanks for the complement on the PTO.

You can install-remove mower in less than 5 minutes with the mower on the rear.

Using the rear factory PTO is a good plan too. Only drawback is you don't have a live PTO.

DALE - at 25# even steel could be $4/#. Typically cent. castings are a higher end alloy. There's a cetrifugal foundry about 6-8 miles from My work. They can pour metal in a vacuum....do a LOT of work for the oil refinery business. Also aerospace work for GE. They've blended investment technology with the centrifugal process to make jet engine housings. Pretty neat.

Also, Nice looking 1450.

Anthony C. - Try a web search on HOOVER PROMOTIONS. In the latest RPM they had hats, coats, etc. I know they used to offer replicas of the dealer's uniforms

Ant - Where you been hiding for so long ? I remember seeing those hats in use, I kinda like the style of them.

Brendan - I don't know if you could put that style of guard on or not , might take to many mods to do it. Then you'd have to find one that has the right cut out gap in it. I would prefer the other style myself since I've ran so many of them in past years, it sure gives better protection of the knives. Bryan and I had talked a little once about me casting new ones for his front mount cutter but really the only way to do it right would be to CNC out foam cores to do a lost foam cast.

Bryan - That pic was good'er nuff
happy.gif
I like that for a front bumper
biggrin.gif

Yep my junk hauler guy has a 1250 minus the side panels ... was trying to talk him out of it again today as he hauled out another truck and 16' trailer load of stuff. I think I'm about cleared out now ... can't tell it though ... to much "inventory" !

Latest posts

Back