• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
Graphite paint with stock pulleys.

It held up very well. The only issue I had today was I blew out the master link on the chain and had to run to NAPA to get another.

Well my internet finally came back on!
23" on the ground now. LOL
No email yet, they say we might get it by days end, so if you've emailed me yesterday or today, I'll be gettin back to ya tonight I hope.
52555.jpg

KRAIG - Some of the Unneccessary running around was WOT in 3rd but HONEST, I was mowing in 1st gear....and backing around in reverse...The place I was mowing was right next to the hog feed floor and the grass there ALWAYS seemed to grow a WHOLE lot faster than everything else.
Eventually I'd use one of the bigger tractors for running around....they all had radios, then the Honda Mini-Trail I got for X-mas when I was about 14-15. Then I got old enough and got My license and it seemed like Dad's pickup was ALWAYS washed but never home.

Denny, yeah, but I couldn't let you get away without ribbing you a little.
happy.gif

Terry, looks like 2 extra hp is a good thing. I can hardly wait to try out the 12hp Killer Kohler™ that David is building for me!
bouncy.gif
I'll have to wait for next winter though to try it in the snow.

Charlie, ah! so that's why you have not written to me, and here I thought it was something I wrote.
wink.gif
Looks like you have plenty of snow down your way. Just don't stand under that when you knock it off!
yikes.gif

I don't know if this is where I should post this question, and it is a dumb one, but on a 782Ds starter, or probably any starter for that reason, but there are 2 nuts or terminals on the end of it. Obviously 1 is for the positive from the battery, but what is the other one? Is it a negative? Can I run a cable from the negative side of the battery to that nut on the starter? I am trying to get a better ground for it. I am just not sure if it is a negative or another positive terminal. You all seem to know everything (and more) that I need to know, so I thought you could help me with this simple question. I have the positiove hooked up and it works, so I just need to know what the other one is for. If it is not a negative terminal, is there another place you recomend me putting another one?

Nate, don't know if this will help or not, it's the schematics for the 782D and a larger view of the starter section. Looks like the other terminal is for the brake switch start lockout for preventing starting unless the brake pedal is depressed. Hopefully Myron will pop in here and post some info on this.

52559.jpg

52560.jpg

Ok boys,

My tack/hour meter came in today UPS (from northern tool) and I've got it installed.

NICE! now I Know how many RPM im turning and It's keeping track of hours on this freshly rebuilt Kohler.

Oh yea, thanks Kraig. That is what it looks like. I'm glad I didn't hook it up then. I'll have to find a better location for the new negative cable.

Nate P:

I have taken and enhanced the portion of the 782D wiring diagram. On the starter there is also a Starter Solenoid. The terminals you see are (1) Large terminal for the Battery cable and (1) smaller terminal. The larger terminal is HOT all the time the battery is hooked up and is good. The smaller terminal supplies 12V (Hot) to the solenoid when you turn the ignition switch, depress the brake pedal, and the PTO Switch is in the off position. The starter & solenoid "must" be grounded to work.

52566.jpg

Myron has a Bulltin out on a Grounding issue with these models. As a General statement, it never hurts to install larger battery cables (both positive & negative) to aid you the tractors starting performance. All connections must be clean, tight, and with good metal contact.

Took the plow off my cub yesterday, snow season is done here in MD... a nice 53 degrees here today... off to catch up on some yardwork.

Timothy G.,

CONGRATULATIONS!!
beer2.gif

Was it a big deal or not to wire in your new tach & hour meter?

Where did you mount it?

Doesn't that unit have an internal battery?

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

William P. Welcome aboard!!!

Mike M. About the price of the 1000. Go for it.

Charlie P. 23"!!! We were very lucky. It rained most of yesterday and didn't start snowing until around 4:30 p.m. I went home early due to the closing of both I 35 and highway 30 due to icy conditions. Still seemed like a lot of nuts were driving way too fast. It is still snowing and blowing here. White out conditions convinced me to take a vacation day today. If the roads aren't too bad then I go in to work tomorrow morning. I'll get the 125/blade out when I get home.

Glen, it might be 60 up here too, but I'm not stowing my thrower yet. Up here, we're really not out of the woods until about the 15th of March. I did stop at the Cub dealer today and got a couple of little things my 129 needed. First was the clip for the choke cable, the second was a set of anti-rattle springs for the PTO. PTO's now nice and quiet, but the chain on the blower was rattling some. A quick adjustment took care of that, The springs probably cut 5dB off my noise level, and will save wear and tear on the PTO disk. I'll keep the plow on the 102 until I'm ready to tear it down for its rebuild, and I'll see how the long-range forecast is shaping up next weekend before deciding whether to take the blower off and put the mower on yet.
deadat30.gif

Ryan, It was simple to install and no battery required, as it runs off the spark plug wire.

I mounted it over the cigarette lighter hole, it was not working anyway and we are non-smokers. I was pretty close with my ear as far as setting WOT without the tack. I'm at 3250 RPM. The manual says not to exceed 3600 so I figure 3250 should be safe.

I've got it Idleing at about 1050 RPM that by the sound of it, you would swear it's at 800 RPM.

This tack flashes for 2 hours at 25 hour intervals as a service reminder. We will see how it stands up to sunlight and maybe the occasional rain shower.

Tim

I have a new way of getting my garbage cans down to the main road on trash day.

52569.jpg

Tim G.

If it's a fresh rebuild take it up to a strong 3600 rpm....you are only costing yourself performance at 3250. There is a BIG difference in those last 400 rpm....one that is easily felt on the "butt dyno"!!!!

Talked with Travis this evening...he still is without power (since last Sat.) and has been working the 460 running the generator.........no fun!!!!!

Thanks Marlin...I have taken the blade on and off my garden tractor and my 4-wheeler for two years running now, and still not enough snow in southwest Va. to play in! Looks likely that I will put it back off again in a couple of weeks and still no play time!

Latest posts

Back