• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Michael M:

Look what followed me home today! This one is a parts tractor...gonna donate an engine to the 147. I was looking at the hydraulic lift and thinking that would be nice on the 147. Anyone ever transplant the hydro from a 149 to a 147?

The hydro unit itself will fit with no problems. The problem you will encounter, is that the plumbing and controls from that 149 Wide Frame will not fit on the 147 Narrow Frame. Fabrication would be in order to make this work. I am not even sure you could jamb all of that under the tunnel. That is why NF hydraulic lifts are external to the tunnel and frame.
dunno.gif

The 147 had the typical NF Hydraulic Lift or the Electric Lift as options.

thumbsup.gif

M. Miller: Thats a steal if you say its in that good of shape. I love my CC 1000. Mowed the yard great last year until I blew the clutch out. Why? Because it had sat for 10 years without being used!

Right now it is being restored and I am having a ball with it! So good luck.
thumbsup_old.gif

Pops

Thanks Roland! I expected fitting problems on the lines/linkages. I just wondered if the hydro itself was interchangable. Now I'll have to take a look to see if I can route things without changing the ergonomics or looks of the 147 too much. Maybe fab a tunnel riser for the hydro lines if the linkages and control valve can be fitted into the frame and tower.

KRAIG - Well, Maybe I did run the 70 around unnecesassarily sometimes but Really I was mowing around that LP tank!

Here are some pics from last nights snow removal not action shots though. I was able to get my daughter to take a video but it's 124MB, I also took an in-cab video but that one is 99MB. Anyone care to post them.
happy.gif

Looks like I'll get to do it all over again tonight as there was another 3-4" in the driveway this morning and they are saying up to another 3" today.

52533.jpg

52534.jpg

52535.jpg

52536.jpg

52537.jpg

Hey guys I Actually have an IH CC again
good ole 128
It has a severe case of thrownrodidus
gonna try to do the plow day thing

I can tell I need to recoat the graphite paint in the auger housing and discharge chute. It wasn't throwing the snow quite as far. When I shut it down to refuel it I had a look and sure enough there are some rust spots showing through right below the discharge chute. I had to tighten up the drive chain too, which was easy to do. Then I headed down the road to one of my neighbor's place to clean them out, they had drifts at the end of their driveway that were nearly 3' tall, I just did a quick job there as they have large trap rock gravel as a driveway and they end up getting up in the snow from spinning tires I had one get jambed in the auger had to use a hammer to pop it out. And that was holding the snowthrower 2-3" above the driveway!
rant.gif

Mcgiver, did it window the block? Hope to see you at PD!
happy.gif

Graeme, I much prefer snow to fire!!! Wish I could help with your Mercury outboard woes.

Mcgiver, is that the PA PD? I won't be at that one but I plan on being at the IA PD.

I dont think so just got it unloaded last night. Thought about putting something under the hood that god never intended. Then I can scream IT S ALIVE ITS ALIVE. Dihatsu 30 hp turbo diesel WOO HOO. It is Begging to be done lol have the pars just need desire

Dr. <strike>Mcgiver</strike> Frankenstein, oooooooo, that would be very cool!!!! FrankenCub.
buttrock.gif

Mcgiver, how soon do you need them? I can send you some CDs......
happy.gif
Or you can click HERE for the Plow Day archives.

Terry, looks like you have the 147 and QA42 setup well!
thumbsup.gif
Is that snowthrower coated with graphite paint?

Latest posts

Back