Archive through June 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Frank M,
19929.jpg

19930.jpg

Frank M.

It's coal fired.

I got this quote from www.261.com

"We usually burn a soft bituminous stoker coal which has good heat content and seldom clinkers up."

STEVE - Wilson Gatewood made a comment to Me about those 1468/1568's when I visited Him last fall. He said "If We still had to farm with those things We'd ALL go bankrupt. Great sounding & looking tractor though." Even though they were 550 cid they wouldn't lug with a 436 or 466. Bottom ends of the engine, cranks & rods were kinda fragile also. But they were stingy with a gallon of fuel.
BRYAN - IF You ever get up inside the Cheddar Curtain on I-94 between Milw. & Madison between Memorial Day & Labor Day on a weekend, little town of LAKE MILLS has an American Legion Burger stand right downtown across the street from the city park. They're kinda like a White Castle except they're cooked in LARD. They're so greasy You have to hold the bag by the bottom because the burgers will fall through the grease-soaked bag. If You have a couple "G.I. Distress" will follow in a few minutes! People refer to them locally as "Sliders" also.

Charlie -

Not sure whether I'd rather have GI distress or clinkers!
roflol.gif

Frank M. -

If you peruse that site that Jared posted (and I posted last week), you'll find out why the Amscray (sorry, family joke) diesel was in there. All I can say is that streamliners with sealed windows get pretty damn hot when there's no power to run the air conditioners. I know from experience - you should try spending 30 minutes in an uncooled/unheated vestibule on Metra
wink.gif

Anyone feel the earthquake this morning?

Matt G. -

A little after 1:00AM near Troy Grove, IL. Said it was a 4.5.

note: I hate forum cross posting... so, sorry in advance.

http://ihregistry.com/ref/3pts.jpg Are the lower parts standard for all older cubs? I know the lift (top) varies from wide to narrow.

I want to grab this stuff this weekend and want to make sure I'm looking for the right parts.

--

Also, is anyone up on the exact amounts of each model made?

What is the deal with the Cub Cadet 86's? A couple folks have said they are indeed "rare" but I'm trying to compile a little more history.

I was surprised to only see two 86's at RP and one hood for sale. The two I saw were in about the same shape as mine which was cool to see.

I was unable to find any service manuals for them (I did pick up the one for the mowing deck - 38A). So I ordered them online from a sponsor.

I had a blast looking at RP! Not only do I have "yellow fever" but now I'm actually contemplating building a pulling tractor for fun! That was a riot watching the little guys (Stock) and then the big guys came out!

Don't worry it wouldn't be based off of my 86!

Rick M., the lower bracket, #6 in this drawing is the same for narrow and wide frames. I don't know what the production numbers are for the 86 but I would think it's less then the other's in the 86, 1x8/9 series.
19951.jpg

I find it interesting that the "Official 3 Point/ Sleeve Hitch Adapter Diagram" that Rick posted the link to is based on a drawing I made in May of 1999 and posted to this forum. Here's my original where I added the text to drawings from a Cub Cadet attachment guide. :eek:)

19953.jpg

Charlie -

Quick, where's the fan GIF???
lol.gif

Kraig -

Did you do that on a (ewwwww) Mac?

Bryan, nope, that would have been done on a Gateway 2000 G6-200 PC. The "G6-200" had the short lived Pentium "Pro" processor.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 28, 2004)

I think if I were that smile face I'd keep my tongue in my mouth........

Kraig -

Was wondering, the picture's text looks like a Mac font.

Thanks Kraig!

Re: part #3 in your first drawing, that looks like a piece already on mine just in front of the back of the transmission on the right. I'll have to look tonight to be sure.

Rick, that drawing is for a narrow frame 3 point part #3 shouldn't be on your 86. The wide frame 3 point has a slightly different part that does the same function as part #3 but it shouldn't be on your 86 either unless there was a 3 point hitch on your 86 at some point. Here is a wide frame 3 point drawing.

19957.jpg

Latest posts

Back