• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 26, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 122 deck came with the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> hard blades. I put the deck on the 127 and mowed / chopped a wild grown up place when I moved here. I got over a sandstone as big as my #10 boot. By the time I got the deck shut off the sandstone was turned to sand. The blades didn't show a scratch.
Don't know about new hard blades ...

I run Gators on my 2166 (42" 2 blade) and 2082 (50c 3 blade). I can't tell one difference in the cut from factory blades but the Gators do throw better.

Thanks for the advice guys but the repair described in the FAQs is light years beyond my skill level. The engine RPMs stay constant but the tractor slows down seems like the trans issue described. I have a tech that could probably do the job but it would be a winter project. Will this cause damage if left until then? I only use the tractor once a week for about 45 min or less and the machine is managable but requires you pay attention to what you are doing (hands on application of the hydro!).

Fred

FRED - The slowing down and speeding up of the hydro wont hurt the hydro. So no problem putting off the repair. It's just the nuisance of keeping hold of the lever to make speed adjustments.

I did put off repairing the trunnion on my 982 and it finally spit both springs and the end pieces on the springs out one day when mowing. I took a nylon tie strap and hooked the two levers together and mowed with it for about six more months. I actually liked it with no spring dampening.

I'm not all that familiar with hard blades. Are they labeled to show the hard vs standard?

I've used gator blades for years and the one thing I don't like about them is they will mince the grass if much moisture is present. This produces a paste-like substance that sticks easily to the underside of the deck. The grass needs to be dry I think for the best results. I throw the grass too instead of using a plug and it will still build up. I do use a hose to clean after mowing for this reason.

Wayne - Yeah it's called the price sticker !

In my opinion they're worth it though if you've got rough ground and fields to mow.

Charlie - I see you've got the 42" outer blades , what about the center blade ?

WAYNE - Wet grass is a real close second to warm moist cheese in it's ability to tenatiously stick to ANYTHING.

I always walk around the yard a bit and make sure the grass is dry before I mow. If the grass is tall I may get some build up in the deck but not much. If the toes of my boots stay dry when I walk around the yard I know it's dry enough to mow.

Years ago, think it was '93 we had a real wet summer, every time I mowed I got rained on, but the alternative was to not mow and have to BALE the yard. SON & I were both mowing then, took about 1-1/2 hrs to mow, really funny We couldn't find a dry day to mow at least once in a while.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure the box the hard blades come in says they're hard coated, plus they have a different part number and a higher price.

A big white truck stoped by my house today and dropped off a package.
Shipping lable shows it came from CCSpecialties.

Was not exspecting it until at least Friday see how I ordered it late Monday afternnon.

Opened up the box and theres the rebuilt PTO unti I ordered along with a nice supprise.

226889.jpg

THANK YOU CHARLIE!

Hi i am Troy a new member,
i just had received a IH windbreaker for a $100 no rips or tears for a 102. It was in storage for 16 years. The only problem is in that i need the brackets that mount on the fender and the foot pad. Does anyone have any clue on the dimensions of these brackets.
thank you
226892.jpg

Troy R.
Do you realize how long it would take the average guy to measure all those brackets out?
I doubt you'll get any takers on your request.

Latest posts

Back