• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got quite a bit done on the 72 this weekend. Here are the before and after pics.
153796.jpg

153797.jpg

153798.jpg

153799.jpg

Thanks Allen! My grandfather, who is 90 bought it new in 69'. Looking forward to showing it to him! He thought my Dad had junked it, well he did in a fence row. I think it will be a big surprise for him!

Okay,
I went to another auction this weekend and picked up a 70, and a pull start 72.70 is missing the grill and the S/G.72 is missing the grill,recoil and pulley.They had this crazy way of starting it with a S/G that tuns Cw mounted to the grill housing .I got it running and took it for a spin even with two flat tires. runs without smoke or funny noises.I want to know how hard it will be to find the recoil set up for the 72.

153821.jpg

153822.jpg

153823.jpg

153824.jpg

153825.jpg

153826.jpg

153827.jpg

I finished my zinc plating writeup...click the link in my signature line, and click the "zinc plating button" if you're interested in the process. I'll add/change things as I get get more experience with it.

I bit the bullet yesterday, split the 123 and put another hydro pump on it. Now to put it back together. When I first changed the trans fluid I'd noticed how clean it was and that the return tube was fairly new. This 123 was an ebay purchase and the seller claimed no knowledge of its history. Since I've never heard of a problem like this being caused by just changing oil and filter I'm taking it for granted that the tractor came in here with a bad pump.
bash.gif

Ned Smith: Welcome!
groupwave.gif
You're right, something ain't right. It sounds like the PTO clutch isn't mounting squarely on the bearing. Is it a snug fit?
Sean Corder: 72 looking great!
thumbsup_old.gif
1 little thing: I think the front axle is backwards. I probably wouldn't have noticed, but this 123 that's giving me fits is the same way. I don't see that it makes any difference, and it makes it easier to grease the axle pin.
Have a great week, everyone!
coffee.gif

Frank; Good luck with the 123. My next project is a 123, and hope i don't have these problems. I am waiting on creeper parts on a 124 now.
153836.jpg

153837.jpg

Luther Ray Hinds (Lhinds)
I have to ask where do you guys get creeper parts?
i have a creeper here and want to install it on my O or my 100 and its missing some parts.Frank C glad to see you got that Cub all fixed lol. i called you but i guess you were away from the phone sulking over the po and the Cub lol. I hope to have some time for my 129 this week but already i have the week filling up with ( well your retired can you help?)Have a great day all. later Don T
old.gif

Latest posts

Back