Archive through June 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GLEN - Tractor I push snow with has flashers too...plus head & tail lights....and it's MUCH bigger than a Cub Cadet... '54 Stage II Super H that weighs about 6500# with loader, weights, & chains. When I push snow across the road after dark I want people to see Me and at least slow down or acknowledge I'm there.... Since I outweigh most of them about 2 to 1 they normally slow down from their 60-65 mph on snow covered slippery roads to about 55.
dunno.gif

The FARMALL 350 "WAS" a Jewel....front bolster weights, frt wheel weights, power adj. rear wheels, Fast Hitch....so ALL the options. The one rear axle broke and the clutch housing that holds the Live rear PTO drive train and the Torque Amplifier was cracked along with all the expected sheetmetal damage. Almost makes Me scared to take My two FARMALL's out of the shop to the RPRU coming to Madison in about two more years.

And BINGO was his name o! Thats what i was after Charlie, Thanks.I knew there was a tool.
biggrin.gif

Kraig,
An infinite resistor is an air gap.

How's this,

A spark plug is designed around an infinite resistor.

I have never been very strong in grammar or spelling skills.

Terry, agreed, sort of.... the air gap is the absence of a resistor. I come at this from an electronics perspective, I do circuit board design/layout. BTW, it was your spelling that I was poking fun at, soooooo, technically I was not correct with my grammer comment.
bash.gif
But you got the point.
happy.gif

So i have a quick question.

This last weekend at the annual tractor show, i noticed a few things.

Recently i bought a mid 70's International Cub, Its funny cuz its the same thing as a Farmall cub, just yellow and white.

Well i have a friend with a cub 100 and i took some second looks at it and it seems to be that there are alot of similar parts, Like the shifting forks (box? Idk what to call it!) and the P.T.O. shaft/cover. Is that why they are such good little tractors?....Well besides the fact that they are I.H. tractors....The best on the planet!!! = P

Oh and i forgot one big detail.....Those sweet grade 5 bolts with the I.H. emblem on them
bouncy.gif

And i am happy to say that my cub will be done by the end of july. The resaon that it is taking so long is i figured out....and so has everyone else is that i like <u>alot</u> of detail. I have been polishing up just about every bolt on the tractor that you can see too maike them look like they are crome and clear coating them, and insted of 2 to 3 coats of paint i do like 4 or 5 with at least 2 coats of primer and sanding inbetween coats.

I took my tractor to my friends house last week to paint alot of the parts and i finally bought the <u>right</u> color paint! So my friend called me the other day and he said that the parts i painted turned out like glass, So i am excited to pick them up today to see how they look!!!

Is it ok to beed blast the carb? or is there any harm in doing that?

Kraig - 4 days no sleep ended @ 10am today. After cutting half way through my already messed up finger I popped enough pain pills to sleep. (I hate taking pills!!)

I think the cortisone shot in my shoulder monday (my first) had me running backwards 'cause everything was wrong all day yesterday... including my meter readings. I've always done it right, was just thinking backwards yesterday!

Frank - If you don't trust the digitals for accuracy do like I did and send it off to get certified ... of course when you change the battery it has to be re-certified !
angry.gif

Steve - Good one ! I knew her sister.

Kraig - Would that be ELO Band ?

Charlie - mmmm I do have a 3spd box out in the garage made like that ...

Anthony, Ooooo, I can't wait for photos!
happy.gif

Allen, nope.

KENtucky, Village People...

Latest posts

Back