• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B.
That's a GOOD THING!
beer2.gif

i have a cub 129 i took the pressure plate to work and surface ground down to clean it up how much can be taken off before having to buy new thanks scott

According to those stats in that ad of yours Charlie, you can indeed run 540 RPM implements from a reverser gearbox, Cool! Now, to get a gear drive, hmmm, a 128 sounds good...
thumbsup.gif

Oh yeah, the engine in my 149 is soon to be finished, and finally re-installed, and my three point is soon to be done too. jes gotta hit up the steel place, and dig myself deeper into the money pit that is restoring/modifying a cub.

David Slater

If you are refering to this hydro control...

61668.jpg

The answer is no, you have to tear the hydro apart to replace that seal.

PAUL M. - I have about 400-500 feet of roadbank I mow next to a rural heavily traveled blacktop road. I always try to carry something....normally an empty "Beverage Container"
beerchug.gif
to alert passing drivers of MY PRESENCE near the road, and mow with My lights on but I bet 60-70% of the people don't even realize I'm there due to cell phones, etc. etc. A 60+ mph car weighing 3000-6000# verses a 600-800# lawn mower moving 2-3 mph doesn't leave very good odds for the person on the mower to survive. Farm safety statistics show that even full size tractors weighing 10,000# or more because of their slow road speeds, The Operator rarely walks away from a collision with a faster moving though lighter weight car or truck.
I saw on the RPM forum yesterday a wreck on the way to the RPRU in Bloomsburg, PA last week. A FARMALL 350 rowcrop that had been restored, a TWO YEAR process that was completed just the day before was hit by an inattentive driver in a Mercedes SUV while He was checking His laptop computer while passing a vehicle and hit the back of the trailer, flipping it, the tractor, and the towing pickup and destroying them all. Supposedly no one was injured but if it had been MY FARMALL 350 lying in pieces in the road the driver of the SUV would have suffered severe HEAD TRAUMA immediately AFTER the accident but before police and ambulance showed up.

Dennis F.,

"...if it had been MY FARMALL 350 lying in pieces in the road the driver of the SUV would have suffered severe HEAD TRAUMA immediately AFTER the accident but before police and ambulance showed up."

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">I'LL SECOND THAT STATEMENT! </font></font>

I'll go further to say that if I wasn't involved but merely had witnessed the entire event...I'd be telling the officer, "I don't know what it was, but something must of landed on top of the SUV driver once he got out of his car..."
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

I wish people had the common sense to realize that they are driving a leathal weapon. Anything smaller than a normal car doesn't stand a chance. The strobe light and four way flashers on my rig seam to help but I'm in town and drivers are only supposed to be driving 25 or thirty miles an hour.

Terry:
There is infinite resistance between the two electrodes since they are not connected so it will produce a spark. There are some plugs that have some resistance in the upper part of the plug by design.. Also, some poorer built plugs have two gaps, one by design, the other from bad mfgr. That is why when I had my fuel dragster, we BUZZED all plugs for continuity inside the insulator. Interestingly, nearly half failed and we did not use them. Won't go into all the other things we did with spark plugs to test them.

Steve, yep no such animal as an "infinite resistor" but there is something as "infinite resistance". BTW, there are "0(zero)ohm resistors" aka "Shunt resistors". No, but I knew some girls like those that you dated.....
happy.gif

Terry, I suppose you are technically correct, but not grammatically........
happy.gif

Hello all.
I looked around the faq and stuff,but i cant find what im looking for. I know someone out there made a tool to do compress the clutch spring for assembly. Can someone tell me who that was and if there still selling them. Im getting sick of standing on the bench with the vice killing my back....
Thanks

Matt, not sure about the tool but Art A. showed me this technique. It works good for an Original clutch setup. Is this what you are doing?

61673.jpg

61674.jpg

Actually ive been putting it in the vise and physically standing on it pushing off the ceiling while someone else gets the pin in. I like Arts idea though. I'll try that with my origonal clutches that i have to do. I had thought someone made a compressor tool though. Looked something along the lines of a lathe.

Dennis, I havw those "emergency Fllashers" on my fenders, great for snow duty, and I stand behind that statement about the farmall 350 also. I would be beyond mad, sheesh... you wonder how those people got their liscenses in the first place
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back