• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 25, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you gotta do is ask and someone will help ya find your way.
greenthumb.gif

Wyatt..when you say " off topic 200 - 214 tractors " are you talking about john deere . If not then I'm gonna look dumb lol. I have tore them apart and cleaned & greased them up and 4 reusing all the original parts in it,it works as good as new. But I would like to do a complete rebuild aand upgrade a few things. Could you be kind and tell us what machines you can find the 3 turn worm gear in. thanks

Jonathan-
Yes, the 200 series Deere units, as well as the 110/112 series. Give a quick look at the jdpc.com website and you'll find more units that cross-reference the Ross steering box.

As far as the 3-turn shaft, no shortening is necessary to make it functional, but most steering shafts are 1.125" longer than a Cub Cadet. Sectioning the length out of the center is easy. If you go that route I'd be happy to expand on the details.

Wyatt...Hey thanks for the info! I'll def. check into that. Yeah I do know there are different lenghts of the shaft. I would like to get one but I would have a section takin out so it would'nt stick up higher. Might as well do it right.Just out of curriousity would you be intristed in cuttin and welding one up sometime in the future if you had some free time? And of corse I would pay you for your time whatever you would charge. If not I totally understand lol .Dont want you thinkin I'm puttin you on the spot. Well gotta run to the parts stor to get a few brass fittings that I forgot to get. I've had enough with that leaking glass filter on the 104! And the sad part is back in jan. i tore it completely apart and rebuilt it. talk at ya later on

It seems like this is the best place on the net to come for help. lol I'm lookin for info on building a fel. Always wanted one but they are outta my price range to flat out go buy one already done so I been thinkin and lookin around at everything needed and you can build one cheaper or for the price of the goin rate. . 1st question,,the pump , what type of pump is usually used on building a loader? How many gpm is needed, " i read your tank should be the same size as your pumps gpm" Where do you usually mount the pump,lets say it would be going on a gear drive cub,not a hydro. Would you mount it the same way as the optional hydro lifp pump or could you run if off the front pto clutch,that way you can engage & disengage it when not using it.I'm thinkin it would be better runnin it off the aluminum clutch adapter on the 3 pin driver. What a bout rpm? Oviously you wouldnt run it at full throttle would you? I know some pumps I seen would run a lower gpm at lower rpms and higher gpm at higher rpms. What happens if you run the engine higher then the pump recomends? Would it tear the pump up? Lets say the max output of the pump is 2200rpm and you run the engine full throtle at whatever the factory sets them at 3600.I'm guessing whatever side you mount it on thats what is going to determine the rotation of the pump,then again I may be wrong. What about the controll valve or spool? Cylindars whats a good diameter and psi is recomended? I'm not looking for the biggest baddest fel you can build but I dont want it to be on the weak side either.Can somone give me some advise on this subject or point me in the direction? I've been to loaderplans.com but right now as far as spending the money on them I want to hear other peoples oppinion first. I know its not going to be cheap to build one but it would make a good project,somthing I could use. any info would be greatly apreceiated.thanks for reading

Custom Cubs look great in red! Problem is that some decals for narrow frames aren't available as white lettering. Don't discount looking at other tractors for decals. I found my engine decals (reproduction Kohler) through a vendor catering to Wheel Horse enthusiasts.

Here's a 169 air cleaner vs. my new air cleaner in red, the decals are nice!
242896.jpg

I am thinking of putting together a narrow front tricycle style cub cadet based on either a late narrow or wide frame and seem to be undecided on the 3-speed or hydrostat. I am planning on the cub loboy finals and I have access to both transmissions and would like to hear about the problems with options this would produce.

Joe-
Nobody has stepped up for the question, I'll give it a shot; hydro vs. gear is most of the time user preference. Personally I like a gear drive with a creepers for tiller duty, I like a hydro to plow snow with and now with. Hydros pull a plow well, but I prefer the simplicity of a gear drive for that. If it was something just for parades and pulling the kids around, I do like a hydro. Short story: user preference, and search the vault enough and you'll find this debated out over and over.

JOE - You might want to reconsider using the Lo-Boy final drives on your tractor. They will bolt up to the CC rearend, both GD & hydro, but I'm not sure they will allow the rear end to be installed in the tractor frame.

PLUS, the additional gear reduction they offer will REALLY slow down a CC. The tranmission of a GD CC has a 7:1 gear reduction in front of it. The Cub & LoBoy have most of the reduction in the drop housings. So in a GD CC you'd have two sets of reductions. Not sure what the reduction in the drop housings are but there are parts look-up sites on the internet that should show the gear tooth count of the little drive pinion and the large bull gear. But I guess if you put big enough tires on the drive wheels you could get normal speeds. The Cub's all had 8X24's or 9X24's.

Latest posts

Back