• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie-
Looks like an old railroad ditch plow to me, pretty common long ago. Long enough that I'm suprised it's on rubber.

Thinking someone had better stick to at least a 10HP to pull that plow. Would be nice to see a picture of Dan's crauler in front of it!

{little voice chanting "I THINK I CAN-I THINK I CAN}

Second note, Hydro Harry is alive and well! Should be the instructor at the cub display in Brooks Oregon July 31st.

I agree with Wyatt, Railroad plow, and you would pull it with a gear drive.
happy.gif

We used to have a plow like that to clear and plow peat bogs to grow vegetables after the bogs were drained.If memory serves correctly we pulled it with a D-6 with pads that were at least 4ft. wide.
Wyatt,ours was on rubber and made,I think,by Vermeer.Not sure about the manufacturer.

Kenny,
I can't make the Orange Mass show either. But on July 17-18 there's a show at Zagray Farm in Colchester CT. Also the big Kent CT show on Sept 25-26, and Zagray Farm again on Oct 2-3. I hope to get to all three for at least one day. Last year Jim Chabot brought his twin engined Cadet at October's Zagray show.

Steve,
It was up around Bertha Minnesota, I found no Mfg. tags anywhere on it and the guy that owned it said that back in 1996 he and others went to Missouri to do some river bottom reclamation and found it setting, bought it and used it while they were in Mo. to turn river bottom land to get the dirt back to the top and the sand from the flooding to the bottom. He said he would do more research and get back to me. They used a 977 with 36" track to pull it, He also said that he had a 2 bottom 36". I'll try to get pics of that before we head back south.

Kenny - I'm not going to Orange this year either. I rented one of those mini-excavators for that weekend; gotta do some trenching/drainage work. I didn't realize it was the same weekend when I rented it. It's a bummer as I have a bunch of stuff I wanted to get rid of and Orange is probably THE place to do it...

Keith E et al - thanks for the advice/comments. I have not had a chance to take any more pics or work on my 1450 over the past week. I am away for the next week and will work on this when I get back home.

I am getting tired of using the neighbor's lawn tractor!
happy.gif

Mark

I am new to this site. I recently purchased a used cub cadet 1862. Is there a website where I can get a complete parts breakdown of the tractor and accessories? Would retail pricing for each part also be available?

Thks

Dave

and I'm the one with the eyesight problems ... BRYAN ... oh BRYAN ... Maybe you need to make a bigger <font size="+2">IH CUB CADET</font> font !

David, I don't know of any on-line parts breakdown for any Cub Cadet model. I have a bunch of stuff scanned. I don't have any current pricing info just 20 to 40 year old prices on some old Cub Cadet info. You should post some questions on your 1450, then some of the guys here will be more friendly, they can be rough on a new guy that posts about non-<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets. They really are a good group of guys. Even KENtuckyKen is a good guy, though he likely won't admit to it. :eek:)

KENtuckyKen, does that mean we can't post about <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Farmalls or Travis' 1772 Turbo Diesel or Art's 1872? :eek:)

Art -- sic'em !

Art said , "Why ? He's not picking on me this time"

Man, I leave for a few days and this place goes to hell, LOL
Maybe I just better stay up north!!!!!!

Shut-Up Grumpy!!!!!

Latest posts

Back