• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LUV stirrin' up dung !

Michael - I said it years ago and I'll say it again ... CRAFTSMAN decks cut the best !
I guess they figured out the blade tip speed and how much offset the blades needed for a good overlap.

I'd use shears before I hung a <font color="119911">deck</font> <font color="000000">under anything !</font>

whistling.gif

Michael. Some of the forum members like to install the 46" deck from the newer CC tractors, it is a direct hook and mow swap. It is designed for rear bagging as well as side discharge. You see lots of these decks on such models as 1440, 1641 and 1863 tractors. If I recall correctly, you should also use the mule drive for that deck (?) Hopefully someone who did this will reply....

As far as the Crapsman decks, Ken is pullin' your leg, period. Those aren't worth a dime, just look at the neighbor who uses a Crapsman, the lawn looks like it was attacked with a thermonuclear device, not a mower.
explotar2jr.gif

I sure would like to see pics of a modified craftsman deck for a cub. I am tired of spotwelding my rotten deck for my wideframe.

Whats up? and Kentuck are you stirring up now ?lol
I`am trying to find out why the 129 loader is not charging and hope you guys can help me. I don`t have problems with most this but electrical is not my forte.
stupid.gif

GERRY - I agree, if there was enough room (height) under the frames of my CC's I'd use Simplicity decks.

On Monday, June 14, 2010 - 10:14 am, Melody {Schutz (Mschutz)wrote:
Chip, How about the condenser next to the coil.

I thought about that, but (1) the condenser is only a couple of years old; and, (2) a bad condenser wouldn't keep it from running, would it? I thought it's main purpose was to preserve the points. If it is a possibility, how do I test it?

Chip - Look down the page at my 8:22am post ... Right in front of your eyes and you ask ...

An engine will not run or start if the condensor is dead . It stores the voltage to give the points the boost of electricity it needs to jump the gap.

Do ppl read these post that we make or are we wasting our time ...

I had a Craftsman that had a stronger , heavier deck than my 50c , it cut the best of what I now own. An IH 42" , 50" and a MTD 42"

You biased ppl can beach all you want to but facts are facts !
Somebody want a 50C ? Bring me an old comparable size Craftsman deck and it's yours.

Chip - If you want to "preserve the points" I would suggest that you put some Sure-Jel on them and put them in the freezer , then you'll have Point Jam
clappy.gif

Latest posts

Back