• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art,
297478.jpg

biggrin.gif

If you're lacking a funnel or a steady hand you could also remove the shift lever and just pour the Hy-Tran in through the gaping opening that is exposed.
proud.gif

297480.jpg

Been years since I've posted here but I check in pretty often. I've seen some conversation around these International push mowers of which I just received as a gift this weekend. It runs great but the primer button seems to have issues and I'm not familiar with Lawn Boy at all. Where can I find a crossover to Lawn Boy to get part numbers so I can fix her up? Also, for my 129; wasn't there some kind of upgrade to the hydro speed lever that replaced the clamp with the plastic bushing? Seems I have to tighten that thing twice a year and it's a real pain!
297486.jpg

Charlie,,,
Thanks, still no other reply, so would sure appreciate your offer.
Holden

Robbie,

I am not sure if there was an upgrade, but I know there were 2 different styles of what you are talking about. We have not replaced one, but a good friend of ours had a 109, and he had the same issue. When he fixed his, most of the "stuff" at the bottom of the rod was replaced. I know it was very sung, almost hard to move, after the repair.

If you look at this:

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ARIPartFinderView?storeId=10051&catalogId=14101&langId=-1#/Cub_Cadet/149%2c_2050047U%2c_2050205U%2c_2050206U%2c_2050224U/Transmission_Controls/002540-A/0025400011

It shows both types.

You could always use the "repair" that Dad and I have opted for, for decades. That is the "Don't let go of the Silver Lever" method....... His 149 has been like that for years. You just have to make sure if you get off the tractor, that you either set the brake, or shut off the engine. It will get bored and wander off if you don't.

I will say, the Quietline and 82 series controls seem to stay tighter than the wideframe control does. But the tension to keep it still is delivered in a much different manner.

Robbie, Scott,

I replaced the bushing on my 149 with a hardware store sintered bronze bushing, with a slot cut down the side- works like a charm... HTH

Robbie S,

Lawn Boy made those two-cycle push mowers for IH and they were some of the best push mowers IH ever had IMHO. Toro acquired Lawn Boy back in the 1990's which, I believe, is now also part of MTD. You can use the Cub Cadet Part's Lookup link at the top of the page to find the IH part numbers but you need to know your Model number which should be on a serial number plate affixed on top of back part of the mower deck. Your local Cub Cadet dealer should be able to cross them to the appropriate MTD/Toro/Lawn Boy number. Hope that helps.

Ron,

I was just looking to buy a new push mower, and in the research I did, I found that Toro/Lawn Boy and Husquvarna are the only 2 big names that not MTD. Toro and Lawn Boy are the same company, and Husquvarna is a different company. Most of the rest are indeed made by MTD, including almost all of the "House Brands"... out there.

Ironically, in the end I actually bought a new Cub Cadet push mower, and really like it. It is mainly a "trim" mower as the big IH Cubs do most of the work. I actually found the one I bought, searching for one like Robbie posted. I will say, the push mower is fairly well built, it is heavy, and the steel the deck is stamped from is thicker than the other MTD mowers.

The big boys are behaving though, they have not been picking on their new little brother while they are sitting in the garage.......

I wonder if any of the sponsors have parts for the old IH Push Mowers.........

Does anyone know how long is the drive belt for the 1a tiller that mounts on the narrow frame Cub Cadets?? The IH part no for this belt is 487 045 R2 but none of the parts manuals give the length of the belt. I cannot find any parts seller who has one identified by part no. If you know of some one who stocks them or the length of the belt, I will be very grateful. Thanks much!! Charles Anderson

Charles-
Does this help?

http://<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>.com/belts.html

Latest posts

Back