• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, the Forum just passed its 10th anniversary - I don't remember seeing any mention of it, but it looks like (from the posting of the first 1000 messages that are archived on Bob's page) that March 5th was close to the day...
Browsing back through those messages, it's interesting to note the number of questions that are the same as the ones today...
Even though we don't see postings from The Rev, Hydro Harry, Ted and some of the others any more, it's good to see that some guy by the name of Hoffman is still around .. ( I didn't find this hangout till some time early in '99..).
Anyway, to Bob, Bryan, Charlie and all the contributors, thanks for the first 10 and - Charlie - IT IS WORTH IT !
beerchug.gif

Rich, a triangle(SMV) works well, especially when plowin snow at night.
Brian n Charlie, GREAT WORK FELLERS!!! And also a HUGE thanks for those sponsors above, as well as every member that helps another cub stay alive.
happy.gif

Roland,

Thanks for the help on my electrical problems on my Cub Cadet 1650. I have not checked out all the circuits, but I will get to them. If I may ask, what is the ohm readings supposed to be between the terminals on the voltage regulator. The ohm reading on the stator was what it was supposed to be.

Thanks,

Mike Hulvey

went to auto swap meet & bought... a tractor part. didnt find any car parts I wanted so bought a sleeve hitch mount Brinly rear dirt grader/scraper blade assy. saw 1 CC for sale too a 107. plus quite a few overpriced dry rotted rear tires.
Got all parts I need but one to mount a rear hitch assy. just waiting for UPS to deliver.

Been meaning to post up a couple pics of my toy. Don't mind it being dirty. I think it would quit running if I kept it too clean. Enjoy.
87689.jpg

87690.jpg

87691.jpg

87692.jpg

Greg B. looks like a nice worker. I have a 128 too
beerchug.gif
. I just got to know who went wild with the white paint? (air cleaner, lift arm and pto arm)

Todd, the guy that had it before me did that. He also cleared the hood and breather and now that is starting to flake off so I will probably repaint it at some point. Right now gettin too much work out of it worry about it though.

That is good news Greg. Paint dont make them cubs run! Is that a newer style deck on your 128? I have a 38 and 42 for mine and they look quite different.

Todd H.-

Looks like a 44A, that's what my 128 has. They switched to those from the 42's sometime in that series.

Thanks Matt, I was thinking along those lines looking back at Richard T's deck on his 129. Gregs deck looks the same as the 50A I have only smaller.

It's a 44a. Guy I got it from had that one and a 38 that I think actually came on it. I wanted the bigger one. I also have a old 48 that I'm going to rebuild for the heavier duty cutting jobs.

Greg, it is always good(in my opinion) to have various sizes of mower decks for diff size jobs. As much research as I have done for the 128 model, I still have a problem thinking outside of options/equipment that I have
bash.gif
. I am forced into using the 38 deck on mine, as anything bigger and I cant get it through the door to the cub shed! I guess I need to brake down and build a nice shop.....Later Todd H
ihrotate.gif

Todd, I agree. I'm just got a hitch for mine, it's on the way now from a fellow member. Also working on a deal to get some rear attachment for it too. Have the two decks but one is unusable at the moment. I have to find pulleys for the deck. They were completely rusted away. The spindles still spin fine and the blades look new. No holes in the deck that I have found yet either.

Jim T.- Bridgestone Farm Service Lug M size 6-12, made in Indonesia, cost about $100 each here. As Kentuck said some time ago, BUMPY, at least on hard ground, but they grip very well even on wet grass & do not cause damage. I could not source the original style down here, was rather pleased really cause I think these look more impressive.
87695.jpg

Greg, Todd. I use a 44A deck on my 169 with speed up pulley and gator blades. Also use a 44A on my 127. I had 48s on both but i really like the 44A alot better and also on rougher ground the 44 is just enough smaller to get over it better.
David you have created a short in your wiring somewhere. Trace it all the way to the end and you will find it shorted to probally the frame.
Luther

Nothing to add, just wanted to show the old 149. Don't mind that green thing in the backround, that's for the kids and wife to use. Hope I did the picture thing right. Nick

Maybe not, could someone tell me how to post a picture with a message??? Thought I followed the instructions right. Guess not. Thanks, Nick

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY GUYS! I just got done rebuilding my front pto on my 124 by the book. Blades are spinning fine but occasionally blades keep spinning after clutch is disengaged. At other times it seems fine. New clutch syndrome? Does it need time to wear in? Jeff

Back