Archive through June 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few questions on my 125 with Danco FEL.I'd like to find new Decals for the loader,Also either rebuild kits for the pistons or replacement pistons.
We are blasting and repainting the loader, Is Cub White the correct color for the loader?This tractor has just returned home after getting traded in on a 682 back in 1980 It's seen a lot of "backyard Engineering" Since it left home I seem to remember the loader as a tannish or at least off white,The tractor was bought new with the loader on it.Pics will be coming soon as I figure out the new camera We now own both of my Father in laws Cadets the 125 and his 682 and I have a 70 and my son is looking at 2 more cadets besides!

Bob,
Is that a 71 in the pic with the spring assist? I have a 71 and the ID tag is on top of the tranny where the flat spot is above the rear cover.

OK Leon, here it comes....
worthless.gif

All,
Will the engine run OK if the S/G turns backwards?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Screw up # 2

I still had that WRONG! After a shower and a little cooler temps here is the straight dope...

The backwards turning S/G is from engines that start from the flywheel side of the engine rather than the PTO side like our Cubs !
... and the Starter Shops rebuild them backwards too.

Marty - Do you really want me to answer that ?

First re-think your question !!

Bob G - I don't do rec drugs ... done w-a-y to much of that in school. That's part of the reason most pain pills don't work on me now and 4 different kinds of muscle relaxer wont work.
I don't think my blood pressure could take the Oz posture (upside down)

Marty - IF the S/G turns backwards NO it wont "run OK" because it'll never start !

HELP!!
I have a 129 with too many new/rebuilt parts and now after 20hrs. on the rebuild, the crank goes bad on the cluth end.
What do I need to put the electric starter,stator,alternator+ electric PTO cluch on my new crank and which crank do I need.
Thanks, Steve

Steve-

You'll need a flywheel, flywheel shroud, bearing plate, crank, and engine block. It's not worth the trouble. What happened to the crankshaft? And why not simply replace it with another correct one?

Gary Smith there is one for the 1450 a schematic and a wiring diagram both color coded. Just do a search for "1450 wiring" and up will pop amongst others one for March 28,2006. Fill out your search info as follows.

Search for: 1450 wiring
Keyword options: "And" (Match all keywords)

Hope that helps,
Jim

KENtuckyKEN I thought for a moment your were going to respond that the Cub would have 3 reverse and 1 forward gears.
clappy.gif

Sorry I guess it's been a long day.

Ken thanks for the link to the manuals.my problem is I don't know where to get the parts to fix my cylinders they need all new seals.I also can't locate new decals for the loader, Mine said "International" along the top arm and then "Danco" on the plate at the bend of the top arm.My wife is trying to get new pics loaded to my Photobucket so I post them om here.That's some fish in your profile the stuff I catch you'd consider bait!

James - The BS Office is open 6am - 12am M-F.
Please check back during regular business hours.
whistling.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I've made the switch !

I started out using Valvoline Racing 40wt oil back in 1974 and Fram filters.
Since the *new* oil debate I switched to Shell Rotella 30wt since Advance had it on sale @ $10.99 per gallon. I bought 2 gallon to start with.
I bought a Purolator Classic Oil filter for da TOY , 1882 Kohler filter has to wait until Monday.
It's Kohler only has 30 hours run time but I guess it's time for "da change of life"
clappy.gif
I just hope the change doesn't put it into shock !!

As for additives I once mixed Valvoline 30wt with Lucas oil treatment and MMO in da TOY ... it got drunk ! Ever since I changed it it's been rattling more , guess I'll have to add Lucas again.

Then it's time to put new spark injectors in everything , maybe E<sup>3</sup> ... they don't make'em fer my 50 Merc outboard
sad.gif

I was at Lowes today and seen they had JD Torq Guard 10/30wt for $4.98 per quart. Kinda proud of it aren't they !

We figured out the S/G when it was blowing gas out the carb and sparkplug was dry. Also was sucking air into muffler. No it wouldnt run, until nephew put rope on pulley and after three pulls it started.

heres a couple pics from this morning. first is the 128 with Hydro Harrys old headlight set. it looks perfect on this old "worn" tractor.

second is my 1967/68 model 72. it has lights, creeper and the round fender set. somebody had put a k241 that i had nothing but trouble with until it went up. i have a k141 6hp to put in as a replacment if i ever get a few days to work on it. the 141 will look the part of a 161, but i will loose that little bit of power. not a big deal to me, i just want it to be a butt buggy for the shows ;)

192237.jpg

192238.jpg

192239.jpg

Melody - Maybe they were trying to turn the odometer back on it
clappy.gif

Glad you got it figured out easy. You probably got it cheaper that way too.

Free would have been better,but it didnt puff any smoke when started. So dont have to rebuild.

Latest posts

Back