Archive through June 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kentucky, or anyone still up,
Had to take the wife out for "her" anniversary this evening. As for the question I asked about the S/G, let me ask it in a different way. Do ALL cub S/G's turn the same way?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I know of someone who says their S/G turns different than mine.

Marty:
Yes..... because the driveline rotates the same direction on all of the IHCC Kohler equipped tractors, the engines HAVE to turn the same direction, the Delco S/G's all mounted on the PTO end, therefore turn the same direction...

marty

yes its a 71. the numbers match the records. seems like i read on this sight or on www.ihregistry.com that it could be either place. eventually/obviously they all went on the back. my 125 however, i believe has a rearend from a 123. The serial number is before they made the 125 but is in line with the 123.

What can you tell me about that spring assist?

You know what my wife said a minute ago? She asked if I had a good evening, I said yes. She then said: "you old
nutbags.gif
, you would rather sit here and look at this website!"

Bob,
I don't know much about my spring assist except I was told it is a Brinly, so here's some photos.
192245.jpg

192246.jpg

192247.jpg

192248.jpg

i did see those pics a few days ago. I haven't seen the bar on mine though. i'll have to crawl around under it and see where it's attached.

BOB - what do you mean it's time for bed? It's 11:50 here in Rhode Island - the night is still young.

KEN - Following last weeks oil postings by Jim D and Hydro Harry I started to do some research of ZDDP (Zinc Salt of Dialkyl Dithiophosphoric Acid aka Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphoric Acid Salt). I'm trying to get the ppm specs for the following:

Tractor Supply Co. – Traveller SAE30 Lawnmower Oil (made by Warren Oil Co.: TSLM30PL)

Tractor Supply Co. – Traveller Heavy Duty SAE30 (made by Warren Oil Co.: TS02302G)

John Deere – Torq-Gard SAE30 (made by Conoco-Phillips) – unable to get the ZDDP ppm

Shell Rotella SAE30 - 1000 ppm

Kohler Magnum SAE30 (made by Warren Oil Co.)

Case/IH Low Ash Engine Oil 30W (737-3029 Qt, 737-3061 Gal)

Currently only Shell has provided a ppm figure, and Conoco-Phillips (maker of John Deere's Torq-Gard) can't or won't provide a ppm figure.

I would expect that Kohler Magnum SAE30 (which is for Kohler K-series and Magnum engines) would have a high ZDDP ppm, but I'm still waiting for an answer. Tractor Supply says their Traveller SAE30 Lawnmower oil is made to Kohler specs, but I'm waiting to hear from Warren Oil Co.

Latest posts

Back