Archive through June 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendan/Glen - I've been waiting for the red pan to overflow & spill some good stuff down (up) thru to you guys, clever job brendan.
Some of my 102 pics are stuck on a cupboard on the service desk of my local CC dealer. Be interesting to see if he gets any bites.
87655.jpg

how could i tell if it was a recoil? nothing i've pulled off this cub tells me anything different than the others i have. they all look the same(ignition, s/g, almost everything is interchangable with my 129).
charlie, the 41-411-01 length that i measured was 1 9/16". gonna go get the head checked for flatness today
hide.gif
. hope it turns out ok. should i copper coat the gasket when i install it or leave it dry?

Charlie,
The points push rods length is as follows:
41 411 01 {1.265"} For K161 and 181
41 411 04 {1,551"} For K241 and up

Hello,

I have a 1650 Cub Cadet. It has a 16 hp Kohler. I have a problem with the charging system. After checking the AC voltage at the connector to the voltage regulator, the stator was only putting out 3 volts AC. I pulled the motor and flywheel and replaced the stator as the service manual suggests. The AC voltage is now 24-40 volts AC and it varies with the rpm of the motor. However, the DC voltage output was 0. I replaced the voltage regulator as the service manual suggests. The DC terminal only reads .5 volts DC after replacement of the regulator. I hope it is not fried, but it appears to be. I can't get DC voltage to the lights either. The engine starts and runs fine but it does not charge. I don't want to purchase another voltage regulator and blow it again. Is there a cheaper alternative to the voltage regulator from the auto-parts suppliers and am I getting voltage at the wrong place which is blowing the voltage regulator? Does anyone have a ladder logic diagram for the electrical system that would make trouble shooting easier?

Thanks,

Mike Hulvey
Cross Keys, VA

I have a 1650. I was having issues with the engine running rough, back firing, etc...

I confirmed that there is no mouse nest anywhere.

I replaced the points, but now it will not start. It will start with old points, but not the new points. The contacts on the new points are connecting. The contacts on the new points are smaller in diameter than the old points. Would that make a difference?

I know I'm not nearly as experienced as most of you, so please let me know if there is a "trick" to installing the points properly.

Thanks in advance for any help....

Ed

Well i had a look at the deck for the 125 and found this number 421u1112 on a plate on the deck but don`t know what centre spindle i need to order to repair it.Thanks Don T
87659.jpg

Kraig-
The govenor on my 126 is still on the fritz. I put the spring in the hole you suggested, but that made it run as fast as it did before i adjusted it. Is there anything else I can try? The engine definately sounds like it is running beyond the rated RPM.
poof.gif

Thanks, Josh
ihrotate.gif

When I mount the lower bracket for my sleeve hitch should I replace the 3 bolts with longer ones to make up the difference? Will I loose a bunch of fluid from the rear end when I remove these three bolts. What do folks put in the rear ends, I've heard of two different products. Also is it difficult install the spring assist? Should I not use the spring assist with the plow? Thanks Dustin

Josh-
My understanding of those different holes for the govenor springs is that they change the sensitivity of the govenor, not the actual function of it.

Are you sure it is adjusted per the manual instructions? Maybe try it again to check. (I only takes a few minutes anyway....)

Almost sounds like you have a non-operational govenor....?
dunno.gif

Dustin-
Wow, lots of questions...
dizzy.gif

Yes, you can replace the bolts with longer ones, but make sure you don't use too long of a bolt that will push it's way into the casting when it bottoms out. Then you WILL have a leaker!

You will not loose "a lot" of fluid (maybe a few drops) if the top bolts are tightened correctly and you don't run to the store for longer bolts or go in the house for a beer after removing the original bolts.
happy.gif

I put Hytran in my transmissions. Nothing else...
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back