Archive through June 09, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbowman

displayname
bobby l. bowman
For any of y'all that didn't know,....Digger is 'Da Man!
draw.gif
!

Bruce N.,
You can pick out the key with almost anything small and pointed. Got any of those picks that comes in a nutcracker set? If so, sharpen the points sharp(to be able to get a bite on the key) and try to pick it out with them. One pick on each side allows you to pull straight out instead of at an angle, which usually don't work. If it's way up in there, try some straight pins. A very strong magnet may work also. Just remember; have PATIENCE and go easy!
thumbsup.gif

Bruce N.,

A set of O ring seal picks I have found work great to get a broken key out.If you put in a pick and press down against the flat side of the key it should slide right out BTDT.
old.gif

Marty A. Gwin

(Just remember; have PATIENCE and go easy! You are correct on that. Most of my keys are from blanks I had cut and a magnet won`t work .

Is the starter solenoid when trying to crank engine in a 127, is it supposed to click? I shut off the 127 earlier today after using it for about an hour and all the solenoid would do is click once, and the starter would not spin over, checked battery and it was fine.

Eric T.
Check to make sure that all your grounds are clean and tight. Also check the battery to make sure it's still good.
Clicking means low power or poor grounding most of the time.

I will recharge battery and check all grounds, plus change the starter/gen, because now that I think of it the belt up front on the s/g was slipping some. I noticed a difference in the pulley size on the 127 s/g is smaller than the one on the 128, is that normal? I need the belt size for the 127. Just incase i don't find the size in parts look up if someone knows the size or part number, size would be good cause i could go to napa or someplace similar and get a new belt.

Originaly, what type of bolt was used on the hoods for the late 60's models? Was it a shoulder bolt or a regular bolt with a bushing?

Bobby - But he doesn't have any ambition
biggrin.gif

Bob G - That is a scan from the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Kohler Manual via Kraig keeping me loaded with CC info dics.

Eric T.,
You may check the voltage on your battery and it'll indicate that it has 12+volts; but that doesn't mean it has the AMPS to turn over your engine.
Do you have another battery you can switch out or jumper it from?
I'd bet your problem is a tired battery. BTDT.....
old.gif

Bruce N.,
How is the key stub extraction going?
lazerburn.gif

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

Backfill Blade - Anyone have any info or advice?

I picked this up off of Ebay from a local seller. The seller owns a couple of cubs and said it is *much* more useful for grading then the front mounted blade. It is heavily rusted, but not to the point of structural damage yet. Does this appear to be OEM IH made, or another manufacturer? Any suggestions on where I can find the correct hardware for it? (the seller stated he'd bought it without lift hardware and fabbed it himself...) It did come with brackets and mounting hardware... I checked the IH registry, no manual for it, anyone have any documentation?

Thanks,

-Calvin

192048.jpg

192049.jpg

192050.jpg

192051.jpg

192052.jpg

Calvin L: What's hard to find?? Email for a Hi-Res version.

Myron B
192055.jpg

Havnt gotten to pulling the head yet. will do as time permits.
Not those columns are too short. believe me. i tried...

Bruce,
Rare earth "button" or rod magnet if it broke off flush, Picks were mentioned. Tweezers--especially the long nose kind in biology sectioning kits. If close, and you can see it a half drop of super glue fast setting glue on a tooth pick or wood sliver can work, I've also used a hack saw blade cut down to the teeth and tapered to a point to form a pick.

Latest posts

Back