• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly my point, there is always an extenuating circumstance......if it's well maintained, they are almost impossible to kill for the first 1000 hours or so......

hi guys i need your help with 2 machines first one is a cub cadet 122 problem iam having is the pto clutch. I replaced the center spring and when i adjusted everything i was tilling with it. And the clutch flew off and broke the clutch disc. what should i look at so this dosent happen again. the other machine is a 123 i just purchased a used engine and the engine just started runing like crap and i rebuilt the carburator and all i will get is a pop and try to start what should i start checking other than spark fuel and air

thads thad

Thad B.
On the PTO, 2 things can cause what you describe.
1. You didn't tighten the concentric locking collar on the crank.
2. You didn't get the set screws tight on the bearing.

Now if the bearing and collar were still in the PTO when it came off, you can go back to No.1.
Or it might be a combination of both, which would add up to 3.
3. You screwed up somewhere, LOL
It's always operator error ya know!
biggrin.gif

2nd question,
Sounds like the coil to me.
Or it's really out of time.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 116
Kraig - That was quick! Hope it goes in and adjusts that quick. Better start warming my back up as I am sure to be under the beast for a while. Thanks again!

Geez, and I thought just about everyone on here thought their Kohlers had to be run at wide open throttle for proper cooling. Seems like everyone thinks it's only necessary under full load conditions. Well, another one for my book.

Now, I know Brian's pretty picky about his 1250 and I think he likely keeps it in very good condition, and I believe he said the oil is fresh along with alot of other things - although he was missing the rubber grommet around the spark plug. I actually happen to think he'll be ok, I mean his 1250 will be ok (not sure about Brian and the sun and his 90-100 degree temps).

Scott N - just wanted to add a comment on your discussion of the air flow on a Quiet Line. In your first response under No. 4 you describe the air flow quite well. You do leave out the little rubber tube connecting the flywheel shroud to the air cleaner cover, but then you mention the tube in your 2nd post. I'd like to know how much air really flows thru that tube. I know you can feel it if you have the air cleaner cover off. It's "almost" (term used loosely) air injection to the carb, and I always like this about the Kohler design.

Patrick C. Nice score on getting the 127!

It's supposed to be a Heat Wave the next few days here. Looks like I'll be setting up a tarp for some shade and having lots of iced tea on hand. Sadly anymore Fancy can't take much heat and his allergies make him really cough and sneeze so I'll be working alone. (Unless the Momma Cat with kittens in our neighbor's garage brings over some kittens.)

Everyone have a SAFE and wonderful day.

Thad B.-

I agree with what Charlie says, especially about the timing.

Just make sure you go back with a new condenser too. You'd be surprised how much trouble they can cause.

Thad B,

To add to what Charlie and Wayne have mentioned regarding your engine problem, make sure you have the wires running to the coil hooked up right including the condenser. If they are hooked up backwards it will just pop/sputter as well. Next, try a new condenser. If that doesn't help, then try a known working coil.

I could use some opinions/input here. The older 48" deck I'm dealing with for this gentleman is used on a cc128. My main concern is the fact that the "pins" have been raised by way of two bolts each. This being the main point of "pull" sort of bothers me and I'm having doubts it would last very long.

315279.jpg

The PO that did this was apparently trying adapt a narrow frame set-up to the wf 128. He must have had height problems somehow due to the way he added height to both the front and rear of the deck. I'm going tomorrow to look at the 128 which is about 50 minutes away. I'll take my camera and probably post about what I find.

This is an older gentleman and he will have one heck of a time just removing the deck for service. I would like to adapt spring loaded pins to make life a little easier for him. Can this be done to these older decks? It already has the "newer" clevis style lift points on the front where I understand eye bolts were originally used.

I obviously know very little about this deck style. I have 3 48" 3 spindle decks and all 3 have the spring loaded pins.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 315279.jpg
    315279.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 315279.jpg
    315279.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 122
Twice in one week.
angry.gif
pcwhack.gif

Attachments

• angry.gif