• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lawrence, welcome! Very nice a free 149!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Matt H., I do believe that it turns clockwise.

Merton, nice find! Did they give you old stock pricing?
roflol.gif

To save me time on this one What is the easiest way to drain the rear end and is it ok to use regular hydraulic fluid in the hydrostatic system? What do you all recomend ? I know this needs to be done (Smells Burnt) and I allready have the new filter?

MATT HAYNES - Kohlers in Cub Cadets turn CLOCKWISE when sitting on the seat. Also clockwise when facing the front of the tractor while in front of the grill. The starter/generators run backwards from the normal direction the way Kohler initially designed them to mount on Other brands of L/G tractors. Starter & generator repair shops normally get the starter rotation wrong when repairing CC starters I understand.

Dennis F.-

If I understand what you are saying right:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Kohlers in Cub Cadets turn CLOCKWISE when sitting on the seat. Also clockwise when facing the front of the tractor while in front of the grill.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I'm pretty sure that if it turns CW from the seat, looking at it from the front it'll be turning CCW. It can't rotate CW from both ends....

And I don't know why half of this is a different font...
confused.gif

Lawrence E,

Go to your nearest Case/IH dealer and get a rear cover gasket for the transmission and 2 gallons of HyTran Oil. You can also go to your Cub Cadet dealer to get these but you will pay twice as much. Easiest way to change oil is to follow the instructions in the FAQ link.

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/HytranChange.htm

Visit the FAQ link at the top of the page often. It has great info.

ENGINE ROTATION: The tech manuals all specify that a direction of rotation is specified ONLY when looking at the unit from the front!! Therefore a Kohler has a CCW rotation. Period. Thus, the S/G should also be CCW.

If the PO wired it to be a positive ground I believe he could have used a Cub S/G (they look just like Cub Cadet ones) with a normal CW rotation that would have worked to get the Kohler to crank in a CCW rotation because the Cub S/G would have run backward with a Pos ground. If so, that means a replacement Cub Cadet CCW S/G will be necessary.

Myron B

My dad bought a case of oil at Fleet/Farm in Kankakee, IL. He said it was the house brand (Fleet/Farm) He usually used straight 30 weight oil in his 108. He said this case said h30 instead. What does taht mean? Is it safe to use? he said the salesman said it was engine oil.

Lawrence, also use only a Cub Cadet brand filter... the so-called crossed reference filters (fram) will not work properly... (ask me how i know...)

Scott T., excellent point! I took a bunch of photos of different brand filters that were supposed to cross to a CC filter. Travis S., had bought them and cut them open and then sent them to me to photograph. I'll see if I can find the post I did.

Thanks to your advice the 122 PTO clutch now sets in the garage awaiting parts order. As you said patience, and lots of penetrating oil and off it comes.
Hope I am soon running again

This is a real beginner question. I want to change the points on my K321A -14 HP. It is a 1993 engine. Is there a link or somewhere I can find this info? If not any help is appreciated. Also, my 149 creeps, any advise? Thanks, Greg

Lawrence E. Welcome!!! Good score on acquiring a free 149. Any chance of pictures?

Merton. If you don't want those Christmas tree holders just let me know. You can ship them flat rate to me.
biggrin.gif
BTW... Good find.

Good to be back. My thanks to Kraig and Charlie For the help.
bouncy.gif

Havent posted in a while. Cub hasent made any progress = (

I guess ive been to busy with the ffa but schools almost out so i will have plenty of time!!!

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that when you polarized the generator by jumping from the gen.term. to the bat.term on the voltage regulator that was what SET the rotation of the s/g as the delco s/g motor can be either cw or ccw rotation depending on the machine it is applied to, the regulator is the contributing factor

Henri - On an automotive generator/voltage regulator yes ... BUT our Cub gen/starters have 2 seperate windings...1 fer start and 1 fer charging so that doesn't work ;)

Latest posts

Back