• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's nice Charlie, 'cept I don't have a 147...
happy.gif

Tiller - 128 - 1450

1) Don't worry about a creeper gear on a plow tractor. You won't use the creeper reduction to plow and I have never heard of someone tearing one out while plowing in "direct drive".

2) Hyd. lift is NICE for the tiller!!!!!

3) The hydro on your 1450 will need to have a nice "tight" linkage to make accurate tilling possible without big surges.

4) The creeper will provide constant and smooth speed while tilling.

I personally would probably put it on the 1450, especially if your 128 is your plow tractor, if only to save you taking the gear box on and off before every plow day.

Charlie, how did you do for weather last night? Nothing severe I hope!

Nothin major, usual walnut logs falling from the neighbors trees and 2 1/2" of rain.
Did I mention, I HATE WALNUT TREES!!!!
But a snowthrower makes short work of launching walnuts back across the line.
biggrin.gif

Guys:

Got a local line on a Haban model 402D sickle mower, I understand it's made for a narrow-frame Cub. Similar to the snowthrower NF/WF modification, has anybody modified one of theswe to fit a wide-frame (1650) Cub? Is it possible/worth it?

Thanks!

Charlie-

Gee, I don't know about that. The words "narrow frame" and "working tractor" don't appear in the same sentence around here. At least not anymore, now that I've gotten rid of the 125...
happy.gif

I had a guy call me a while back and ask if I wanted these!
36704.jpg

36703.jpg

Like he had to ask!!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on August 02, 2006)

BTW,
<font color="ff0000">Has anyone noticed the sponsor links above!</font>
There have been some changes made as well as moving Don Vogts logo button to all the main pages.
Be sure to patronize them!
BUY OFTEN AND BUY BIG!}

Gotta love the 14's for snow removal,
36708.jpg

And yes the 1200 has a 14 in it, or I should say the 1400.
And a 16 for the fun of it.
36709.jpg

Charlie; i purchased my first narrow frame yesterday from my local Snap-on dealer. I'm picking it up today and it has no attatchments. Can I use the mower deck from a 8 or 9 series?

TED B. - I'd buy a little 7 HP NF Cubbie to put that HABAN on... 70,71,72,73...those sickel mowers don't take ANY HP to run.... Any excuse to but another Cubbie is a good one!

Charlie, some of that snow would have been nice to have had to roll around in on Sunday.
happy.gif

David H,
You can but you will have to do some modifications to either the deck or mounting frame or both to get things lined up and operate right.
IMHO, I think you would be better off to find the right deck for your tractor. It would save a lot of time and headaches for ya.

Back