• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B,
Just in from NOAA,
TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON WILL RANGE FROM 95 TO 105 DEGREES.
angry.gif

I picked a good weekend to go backpacking on the North Shore of Lake Superior.
happy.gif
Though the winds were off the land on Friday it was hot and humid and we were soaked with sweat after the 1.2 mile hike to our campsite. Saturday was perfect though with nice cool breezes off the lake. Sunday started out cool and cloudy and it started raining so we headed home early. Thankfully we had broke camp early and were in the car before the rain started, I hate packing up wet tents and gear.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on July 31, 2006)

Does anyone know, if the the NF Hydraulic units were an item that was made by IH or a Vendor?? If Vendor made, who was the Vendor..??

36687.jpg

Kraig,
Its a small world. We just returned from a north shore RV adventure. We stayed at a campground near Silver Bay. It was so warm we where able to swim in Lake Superior for a couple of hours Friday and Saturday. We swam in Tettegouche State park at the outlet to the Baptism river. On Saturday the wind was blowing inland and the waves reached 2' high. Kind of reminded me of swimming in the gulf last year with the waves crashing over you. Every other time I have even tried to stand in the lake it felt like someone was hitting my ankles with a hammer because of the cold.

A question for Steve B and/or other plow day hosts. Would you guys allow people to stay Friday night in their RV? If not is there an RV campground near by?

Terry, Hmmm, wish I'd have known that ahead of time I'd have looked you up. The waves were higher then 2' farther North. Here's my daughter (in the pink swinsuit) doing a little body surfing near the mouth of the Temperance River.

36689.jpg

36690.jpg

To keep this on topic I didn't see a single Cub Cadet along the North shore though I was looking.

That's what the waves looked like where we were too. Maybe they were over 2' high. If you started getting cold you would just move to the root beer colored water to warm up.

BTW, I didn't see any cubs either.

Charlie-
Geez it's downright chilly out your direction
happy.gif
Today was a bad day to head out east of the river here in SD.

hey wyatt, volunteer fire fighting can interrupt working on the cubs eh ? lol
err.gif

Cubs??? Where??

Yeah, it can interrupt. Our department didn't mobilize out to the fires in the Black Hills. A buddy of mine in a neighboring town was deployed and worked their brush rig. He had some pics of a couple places they put out some small fires started by the airborne embers. One of them had a small brown building with a couple of Quiet Lines, the Cubs were safe!

Question: What is the proper adjustment for a broken governor
drool.gif
? I traded my 129 with my dad for his 149 3 weeks ago. Great trade for me. He must have known something was up because the tractor mysteriously shot to about 5,000 rpm's while I was mowing. Already pulled the motor tonight. Too bad I have to do all that work for a little piece of steel. I haven't told my dad yet.

Roland,

The pump, cylinder, and main bracket were manufactured by an outside vendor. The brackets were likely designed/and or spec'ed by IH. As to who actually made the brackets to assemble on the pumps......could go either way.

Well, I've decided I'm going to start looking for a tiller for one of the cubs. I don't really know much of anything about these, and I'm looking for some information. So.....

-What were the different models, and what do they fit?
-Do the models meant for narrow frames also fit wideframes? (With a change of mule drive, I assume)
-What all has to be there for it to be considered "complete" and ready to mount on a 3-point-equipped tractor?
-What are some known problems with these that I should look out for?

Unfortunately I may have to start the gear vs. hydro discussion...
fence.gif

I have 2 tractors I could put this on, a 128 and a 1450. Which one would work best? I'd like to put it on the 128 because It already has a 3-point and spring assist. I assume I'll need a creeper in the 128, which isn't an issue, I have one up in the barn. My concern is, will the creeper take the abuse that a plow day dishes out? I'm a bit concerned about putting a creeper on my plow tractor. I'd disassemble it and put in new o-rings, bearing, and seal before I put it in. Also, is 12 h.p. enough to run a tiller?

Thanks for taking the time to read through my million questions.

Matt: My 2 cents= Had 1450 Hydro and put the cub tiller 42 inch with the drive belt front to back could have been a 1A (scratching head) anyway it worked all right but as nuch as I tilled the tiller unit worked better on my 782.

Bought my 1863 with a new rear motor tiller and "Hated" that thing.

Pops

Matt, I have a #1 tiller with both extensions that I used for a few years on my 123. It worked great but even with spring assist, it made the old arm work. I then bought a hydraulic lift set-up and put it on my 109 with 12hp re-power. I put the tiller on there and it has been on there ever since. If I was you, I would find another rear lift and put the tiller on the 1450. You will enjoy the hydraulic lift over the spring assisted manual lift.

Matt, I have a #1 tiller with both extensions that I used for a few years on my 123. It worked great but even with spring assist, it made the old arm work. I then bought a hydraulic lift set-up and put it on my 109 with 12hp re-power. I put the tiller on there and it has been on there ever since. If I was you, I would find another rear lift and put the tiller on the 1450. You will enjoy the hydraulic lift over the spring assisted manual lift.

The 147 is STILL the best tiller tractor!
That electric lift gives you micro adjustment and is much smoother than hydraulic or manual lift.
And plenty of power for the hardest ground.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
36696.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on August 01, 2006)

Latest posts

Back