• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
Well, I figured why have 'em if ya' ain't gonna' show 'em, so I loaded up my favorite tractor tonight for Freeport. Will be bringing the RED 120.
I'll probably put it over near it's "Big Brothers" since it it a International Harvetser feature show.

Hey, check it out, a 1st. poster.

(Message edited by thoffman on July 28, 2006)

Just wanted to follow up with Roland B. and Matt G. for the help with my Voltage regulator. I discoverd one set of relay contacts that were not "making it".
I couldn't see how it ever worked. I installed a new regulator and it's working great. Next I need to tackle my Hydro Speed Creep in the FAQ.
Thanks again,
jimmac

Charlie, I still didn't receive any emails from you nor on here. Did you send the pulley yet? I sent the check 10 days ago so you should have received it
whistling.gif

Jeff B,
Not to sound crabby or anything here, but I'm thinkin an order for 11K worth of custom frames take precidence over a thrower pulley.
deadat30.gif

I've been a little busy, helping organize a Relay for Life event with over 600 participents and other things as well as the weather and life in general, the free pulley is on the way.
That being said, I'll say one more thing.
The main board of the forum is NOT the place to ask someone that you have dealings with about the statusof the stuff.
We've been through this many times on here, You might check out the forum rules or pick up your phone if you want to know something.
BTW, I just foun d your email among the 417 I got this week and will reply to it.
Geez! Now you got me talkin like Bryan!

Hello:

Mark here (Original S/N 4740), I promise, Digital picture of 4740 is coming (Dependent on my Daughter to run tha digital camera. O.K., I can work on the Cub, but Can't figure out the camera). I have a question, I'm looking to outfit Ol' 4740 with some lights. Can buy the Light Brackets from Cadet Connection. Are the headlights that came optional on Original Cubs the same as the teardrop design lights on Farmall Cubs? They sure look the same, and reproductions are available. The Tail light, & Light switch are available from Cadet Connections as well. Comments / Opinions please.

Thanks, Mark

Just got back from the Freeport, IL show a while ago. Lots of nice red & white and Yellow & White there to look at. Here is a picture for Charlie to show there are more 147 lp"s out there to be had.
36658.jpg

I think Art was working on this Cub Lo-boy.
36659.jpg

Hey Wes,
Hot enuf for you today?? Holy crap! I'm still melting.

Question for the attachment gurus-
Was there any sort of front-mounted water pump available for Cub Cadets?

Not that I'd need it out here in SD, got near 110 here today, all the water is long gone!

Have any of you guys seen these auctions of the IH 284 on ebay. Item #250013265045 and #190014338955???? I've seen that tractor sveral times and for less that $50.00?!?!?!?!? I think these a ______ in the woodpile here.

Tom,
It's a classic case of an unsuspecting user that uses ebay as their email host as a buyer and never looks at it's sellers list cause they have never sold anything.
That's why that little email me box is at the bottom of the listings go directly to them and not through ebay. They have used 12 in the last year that I know of and prolly more. Sad but true!

Hot? I was going to mow gerass when I got home. I sat down by the computer to download the pictures and decided against it. I did mow the lawn today and started to chip up some branches. The sweat was running in my eyes so bad after 5 minutes that I gave up and went back into the air conditioning. I did find the limitations of the 106 on the chipper in the short time I ran it.

definatly to hot out to due much today, and the next few days coming up to, did get some work done on my 70, pulled the motor and hood for repainting. Even with a fan blowing on me the sweat ran in droves. Cheers Mike

Hi,

I'm just starting to work on my new Cub (Original #4861) and since this is my first CC restoration, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions. Please excuse my ignorance.
What do you guys do for replacement tires? Is there anyone out there selling something that looks like the original equipment? Thanks!

I just picked up a free snow blower today It is in great shap just need to get it mounted. tomarrow I plan on taking pix of it.

'67 Cub 124, 12hp When I depress the brake/clutch to change gears it takes 10+ seconds for the shaft to stop spinning so I can shift. Is that normal or is my clutch going?

I will have a pic to post up today of my cub.

ERIK P. Go back about a page in this forum and the same problem and solutions were discussed on the transmission clutch. People think the transmission brake on My 72 is a creeper drive but I had Dad weld-up a little lever to stop the driveshaft on My 72 about 25 yrs ago....small piece of 3/8" ID tube, 6" piece of 1/2" square bar, a small 1" x 1" piece of 1/4" thk steel, a foot of 3/8" threaded rod, four 3/8" hex nuts & lock washers.... the holes on the narrow frame tractors are already punched...Nothing I hate worse than grinding gears....

Left for work this AM at 7:00...it was 86 deg then...yuck!!!!

Back