• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you might remember I picked up a tiller a couple of months ago. I posted some pictures after I painted it.
36718.jpg

I always intended on fixing the tines because they were worn REALLY BAD. The tiller just bounced in the air about 3 inches when I tried to till and it didn't even go into the ground. The tines were worn so the taper on the blade would just lift the tiller instead of cutting into the ground. The tiller has 24 tines and they are around $6-$7 a piece. Before replacing the tines completely I decided to give rebuilding them a try. I ordered a can of Kasenit hardening compound.
36719.jpg

I welded 3 x 1.5 x .25 inch pieces of steel on the bottom of the tines. Then I ground a taper in the correct direction.
36720.jpg

There were quite a few but it didn't take long.
36721.jpg

I went over to my dads place to use his torch. We had an assemble line going. He would heat one up cherry red then as I was dipping it into the compound he would heat another and so on. First you heat the tines cutting edge cherry hot, then dip it in the compound. You reheat it cherry red again the slosh it around in cold water. Now the tines are hardened. Today I put the tines on and man do they bite.
36722.jpg

I tilled behind some old lilacs tonite and notice that even with new tines you cant till up red bricks, concrete blocks, or 1.5" tree roots. Bricks and Blocks?? I have those stupid things all over the yard just under the surface of the ground!

Matt G.
Narrow frame, working tractor? What do you mean no one mentions it in the same sentence anymore?
I have 2 narrow frame working tractors.
A 123.
36731.jpg

Also a working narrow frame parts tractor.
36732.jpg

36733.jpg

The only w i d e frame working tractor I have is my 3235
36734.jpg

36735.jpg

Remember a while ago when I posted this picture of the old IHC Branch house in Peoria?
36737.jpg

Well yesterday I was going through Aurora and saw another one. Didn't have the camera, but will next trip!

Hello,
I am completing the restoration of a Cub Cadet 125. One of the few things left is installing the governor. I believe I have all the correct parts but I am confused as to how it goes back together. The throttle arm that is attached to the carb is on and so is the spring on the other end of the arm. There are two brackets and a piece that the other side of the spring attaches to. Can anybody post a picture of the govenor assembly so I can see how this is suppost to look or give me some advice on how it goes together.

Thanks,
jdodge

Need help ataching a MTD snow blower to my 102 cub I got the blower for free the other day and it is in great shape but it has the arms that go the full lenth of the tractor. It looks like I could just use my mule drive for the deck and power the blower with it.

Lonny-

What I meant was, I don't use narrow frames for work anymore. Part of it it is because I am 6' 2" tall and I don't fit comfortably on most narrowframe models.
happy.gif

Matt.
Well I guess than you have a viable reason for not useing a narrow frame cub as a worker tractor than.
I like my old narrow frame cubs for certain types of work, such as draging logs out of the woods or working in the garden, but perfer my wide frame 3235 for snow removal and plowing the garden. Probly because it has hydraulic lift and the nf's I have don't.

Now if I had as many cubs as Charlie, I would not have to keep switching implements, just jump on the tractor attached to what ever tool I needed to use and go at it.
ihrotate.gif

Lonny,
I dunno how many times we gotta tellya.
You gotta have a Cub for every attachment, You gotta play by the rules ya know!
beerchug.gif

Picked up the 122 last night. The big yeller JD seat was the first thing to go! Not to bad for a couple of Ben's huh!
36748.jpg

36746.jpg

36747.jpg

David H,
Don't be to quick to dump that yeller seat if your going to use that Cub a lot. It might just save your back in the long run. Off topic seats are good sometimes ya know!
36750.jpg

Matt G. -

That's exactly how I read your post. Dunno why everyone thought you were practically calling their momma bad names by "badmouthing" a narrow frame...

Charlie - I have something in mind for "ol yeller", I hope to provide some pics in a day or two. I'm just getting used to this whole picture deal!

Matt, Bryan, I didn't take offense to Matt's comment about narrow frames either and you know me.
happy.gif

36756.jpg

Ok guys great news used the 1000 for mowing yesterday. Had a ball that thing with the 44a deck and 3 speed trans. blew grass all over my daughter riding on the 1863
bubbly.gif
while i mowed in 2nd gear.

Worked it hard for a hour and a half in 92 deg. temps. UNTIL
poof.gif
blew the ^%$#@ clucth right out of it. Pieces I say!!! Anyway the "ol 1000" will sit until this fall when I can just redo everything.

Be on vacation a couple weeks be fun to see what you guys have been up to when I get back.

Pops

Back