Archive through July 27, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
OK, new page...
Now, on with the show !
groupwave.gif

Yesterday was a tough day...thanks for making it better. I can't even tell why I mentioned what I did to a group of people that I've never met in person, except that there is a goodness in this group that can't be put in words. Thanks

Gerry

PS -Sandy was always amused by my "addiction" to this forum and was forever being dragged to her 'puter to see something. I hope you guys all have the same sharing opportunities...
angel.gif

And I guess the front axles were cast itron, if IHC said so....
err.gif

Gerry, mostly I drag co-workers to the PC to see stuff. At home, I'll occasionally show my daughter something. I have on a few rare occasions shown my wife stuff, but she shows no interest and doesn't share my enthusiasm. I get the feeling that she is of the opinion that they are just tractors.
228100.gif

Kraig - More of being in the garage taking up space and something that always needs money spent on them ... or at least that's the way it is here.

Gerry - Glad ya made it back. Call if ya ever feel the need. 24/7

KENtuckyKEN. THAT is hilarious. Right now Fancy is cooling off. It is so danged hot outside and it seems the fleas and ticks are everywhere so we either carry him or stick to the gravel. Even then we don't stay outside very long. I had to water the sweetcorn and pumpkins this afternoon.

The last time that I mowed the lawn (two weekends ago) the Keepsake 1650's transmission oil got so warm that it started coming out of the air breather. After consulting with a couple of Tech people I found out that some types of hydraulic fluids will actually expand like that when they get too warm. That little Cub Cadet just had fresh tranny oil in it when I got it and I haven't even put a hundred hours on it yet. I think I will do some correct oil installation in it when the weather cools a bit.

Gerry I. and All. When I write like that it is truly from the heart and of something that I am sure of or I can't/won't write it. I couldn't write last night because I didn't know what to say. All I will ever say is this morning after logging on someone's "very special someone" gave me those words and when I at first was going to privately e:mail Gerry, I was informed very politely to please post them here instead. That "special someone" says that she is very happy that her husband has this Forum and its many members to support him and be there for him.

If we don't stick by one another then who will , the JD guys ? I don't think so
aaaa_tongue2.gif

More parts in today. Thank you Charlie.

Had to make a tool for the 107 to adjust the hydro. Thought it was a 15/16th when I was done it was 1 1/16th (or close)
Manual said wedge or key stock.
I don't think so.
228120.jpg

Gerry:

I still don't know what to say, but I do share/annoy my wife with many things on the Internet. She likes our little tractor, so she's in to the Cub Cadet stuff. I'm about to show her a video I found of a 147 throwing snow. I guarantee she'll mention how she wants to use it when we get one.
err.gif

Good Morning All You Cub Cadet Enthusiasts!!!

Just found this Green Magazine. Even those green guys recognize a great book when they see one. Lower left hand corner speaks volumes.
228124.gif

Gerry: I'm part of the crowd that doesn't know what to say about your loss. I will say that your experience makes me pause and consider just how much my wife means to me. I like to make out that I don't need her, but I do. She is so much a part of me that I can't really imagine life without her. Like the Bible says, "the two shall become one flesh."

I suppose I should appreciate her more and not cause her so much aggravation. I am trying to take better care of myself so that I can stick around a bit longer. I would not want to needlessly put her through what you've experienced or are experiencing.

If the grief I've suffered after the losses in my life compares in any way with yours, the "sting" does ease with the passing of time. The wound never goes away, the scars remain, but life can be sweet again. There just remain those places that you've been that you just can't go to again, or at least that's the way I deal with it. I'm not sure its healthy, but it helps me.

I hope the Lord grants you a measure of peace, or, in the phrasing I prefer, that your peace returns to you.

Blessings.
smile.gif

KENtuckyKEN

Ken I bet he is going to give the first 3 people one also for posting .

....and ?

1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Just in case the first three post must be on-topic, I like the service or parts one.

The final set screw in my PTO on a k301 stripped out I have drilled out the set screw (I think) but the pto wont slide off. Anybody got any BTDT advice

JEFF - If your rebuilding the PTO, putting a new spring in at least, just use a small gear puller with the jaws held into the belt groove with a hose clamp or ???. The threaded bolt on the puller will bottom out thru the center button and pull the PTO off the crankshaft. If there's a setscrew or two still in the PTO it'll bring the pilot bearing & eccentric collar with it.

I dope everything on the PTO up with anti-sieze when I put it back on. That way in ten years it slides right off.

Dennis I will try that,
originaly I was going to just swap it to my 149 wannabe but rebuilding it is no big deal.

I really dont need it now as the other day I was at a friends farm that they bought a couple of years ago and lo and behold hanging in a dark corner of the BIG old barn was a freshly rebuilt pto with a tag that read 149.

When I asked about it she said take it and that it was left by the former owner, I did look the rest of the farm over for any more cub parts but that was it.

Latest posts

Back