Archive through July 25, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was most likely the first one built after their lunch break at aprox 1:15pm

Jeff - what are you talking about. I doubt IH stopped the line for lunch. Where is Dennis? He'll know whether they did.

And as for the other comment, it ain't no toothpick. Did you forget it's got a K341 with balance gears? Anything loose like a toothpick just shakes to the ground.

Harry,, now you have me wondering about lunch, we will have to wait for dennis.

Has anybody got a good fix for these? they worked good until breaking.

288831.jpg

288832.jpg

Dan G.,

It's pretty simple. I used the listing compiled by Paul R. Bell on the monthly serial number report by year. Your number is 397618. This number falls under August of 71'.
Paul's chart lists serial number 397300 as the first cub made in August. The last number in August is 401191.

To figure out the day, just subtract the first number in Aug. from the first number in Sept., that will give you the count of cubs built in Aug. which is 3,892 cubs.
Divide this by the number of work days in August which is 22. I was told cub cadet worked Monday to Friday. When you divide 3892 by 22, you come up with 176.9090909.
Add two of these (two days) and you get 353.8181818. Add this to the first serial number (397300 + 354) and you get 397654, which tells you this number was probably the last cub made on day two. Your number is 36 cubs away from the end of the day.
See how easy that was!
dizzy.gif

math..yuck lol
now that that is cleared up though..anybody got a weigh in on my pto handle?

Check the oil in the dip stick as the motor is a replacement and has a dip stick.Only 161s had no dip stick and pan oil filer level plug

Jeff I have repaired regulators using rivets and a piece of a truck mud flap or belting. I used a 3/16 punch for the holes in the belting, and drilled the metal parts.

Wayne-
Ok, I thought that was what was being refered to;

I see a big stick on my old rider, but just to the left of it I see a big slit also.

Would this hint of TRANS gender?

Latest posts

Back